need help to shape and damage sintra armour

bigsexycharlie

New Hunter
Hi all. I'm new to the site and I'm working on my first build for a ROTJ Boba Fett. I purchased some 3mm sinta armour, and I'm in need of some advise as to what to do next, and how. The armour needs batle damage done to it, and I need to shape it to my body, but how to do this, I know not. Any advise, or directions to a good tutorial would be appreciated.
Chuck

First off Welcome to TDH Brother!
With regards to the armor, there are a few methods that I have seen used by members here. I have used a heat gun to heat up and form the material to my body or just bend it into a better looking shape. You must have a lot of clothing when attempting this as not to burn your self. I have seen one member who would place the armor in a cookie sheet with water in the oven then pull them out and same as above, placed them on his legs.

For the battle damage I like to create small amounts of damage by scratching, hitting with a hammer, poking but most of my battle damage is applied with airbrush and or dry brushing thinned out black paint.

Use the search option to find more information. I'm not the most experienced in this area but I hope this helps you soom

Take care

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to heat with the heat gun and press the back end of a screwdriver against sintra to make the dents. It's a nice smooth round shape. Heat gun is definitely the way to go for careful, precise shaping.

Plan your shaping, don't just freestyle it or you'll end up with asymmetrical armor that fits weird. The more times you heat and shape, the rougher the surface of the sintra will get. I find that instead of shaping it against myself, it's easier to take a long hard look at how the screen used armor is shaped, where it bends. Find a flat surface with an edge (like a table or countertop) and heat just the part to bend, then almost fold it over that edge (don't press down too hard or the line of the edge will press into the armor). Remember, you can't just curve it any way you want. You can't, for instance, make the top of the helmet dome. You can fold it like a piece of paper in one direction at a time.

Here's how I approach the chest armor:
bend-chest.jpg

Hey Everyone, I'm new here as well and I'm working on my first ROTJ Boba Fett. I'm planning on doing a total scratch build. A local sign store was very generous with donating their scrap Sintra to me. I've transferred most of the armor templates to the Sintra and am beginning to cut them out.

However, I'm a little stuck on the helmet. NegativeEleven you mentioned not being able to form the dome out of Sintra. Do you mean a single piece, or can I do it with Sintra using the RWA helmet templates? Or maybe I'd be better off not using Sintra for the helmet at all? Any and all help is much appreciated.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back