Finishing boba

I like to use Testors dull coat. Well, it used to be called dull coat, but now it's
called "Lusterless (Flat)." Number 1960 in the spray cans.

It gives a dead flat finish. It is a lacquer, so if you spray any lacquer over enamel
or acrylic paints, give it a couple of lighter coats instead of a single heavy coat.

I've tried the Krylon matte spray also. But it still has a bit of a sheen to the finish.

Hmm. If you can still find Polly Scale clear flat, that gives a very flat finish, too.
However, I found that it very slightly muted the colors a bit when I used it on my
Pre-Pro 3 bucket.

It appears slightly "milky" in the bottle and I guess that translated a little to the
surface when I airbrushed it. It wasn't anything major, just to the point that it
was barely noticeable.

Ok so my research has brought me another question. After putting on the paint is a clear coat even needed. Basically when doing scenes in the rain will the paint wash off.

Sent from my iPhone

Even in rain, I doubt dried acrylic will run. Enamel is even more steadfast, HOWEVER repeated handling may cause some colour to rub off, so if it's a trooping helmet, then I'd advise a clear coat.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back