New to the Dented Helmet

scottysunterra

New Hunter
Hey guys! I am new to site and community, despite knowing about it for the longest time. I just started making my own helmet and it is coming along. I have some questions regarding advice for a few ideas I have, and do not know anyone in my community with experience in making cos-play costumes. Just stepping threw the door, so looking forward to sharing/seeing what others in the community are working on. Cheers!

So far I constructed my helmet out of cardboad, used bondo to coat and strengthen the helmet and dome. I am not following any templates, as I started the project with no real vision in mind, and wanted to see how it progressed before going all in on it(which I am now :p). I have just shaped my cheekbone pieces and they are in the process of being applied. I wanted to coated the inside of the helmet dome with fiberglass resin. I know you can use the resin on its own for a seam filler, but I very little experience with fiberglass, so I guess my first question would be is it recommended to use the resin with the fiberglass, or can it be used on its own? I did not use the heatform plastic, as I was able to get the bondo with relative ease, and have experience using it. May not have been the best choice looking at the plastics I could have gone with, but I have already crafted a solid dome from cardboard and bondo, so I will see where it goes. Hope to hear some feedback. Thanks.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back