Bo Katan Bo Katan/Nite Owl, still deciding!

ShaeVizla

New Hunter
I've made some progress, getting the tiny renders and line art to scale:
bokatanscale.png

And now I have a front, back and sides view to full size and the helmet renders also to full scale. My file shows the helmet as being just slightly over 10" long in the renders. Looks comparable with the MA/SA helm.
bokatanfullscale.png bokatanhelmetfull.png

So next step is to print off portions of the line art and see how they match on me. I scaled Bo to being 170cm high in footgear which is close to me. She winds up as 174cm using the troopers as exactly 181cm high (6').

What you did with the rendering is neat! It is also very important to me that the armor looks the same on me as it does on Bo Katan. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Question yourself

Do you wanna make the "Hero" and make the Xth Bo-Katan costume or do you wanna go unique and do a regular? ^^ Kids wont tell the Diffrence anyway ;-)

I got a Deathwatch Grunt armor and still after 5 years i think I'm one of the only 3 People that completed a regular Deathwatch grunt :D

Novenas: I just wish the two trooper images were absolutely identical, at the size they are a single picel makes a bit difference!

I have a billion unique costumes ;) WHoops, I have to update my signature here! I'm actually all out for having costumes I can troop with kids in ;) No but seriously I have EU costumes (Darth Talon, my own custom Sith and am doing my RD16A gear from SWTOR) and my Commander Shepard armour is actually the Blood Dragon (are you from Dragon Age?) I had a Shaak Ti (Are you Padme?) and Shae Vizla (Booba Fett?.. yeah, nice....) I had a taste of what it's like for Stormies this year when I went to a movie screening as Elsa from Frozen. Wow. First time I've had little girls run up to me and hug me. It was amazing. I made them happy, that was pretty darn special. Normally it's only people who are deep in to the EU that appreciate my stuff and that's nice. But I've been there done that a lot already. New Zealand is way too small for me to find many people to even group up with.

Anyway, going my own card route for the basic armour pieces seems to be going well:
tumblr_n56su1j7kS1qi1vl1o1_1280.jpg

Not a heck of a lot of resizing except what I anticipated (accounting for curves.) If there were better sized reference images of the helmet and jetpack I know I could do them too. So I will continue to hunt, luckily yes the ketpack is DW sized smaller :)

I loved your Shae Vizla! I hope to make one someday. One thing at a time for me though.

It sounds like you are ready to make a costume that is more recognizable, especially for the kiddos! I think they will love you as Bo Katan. Maybe, even more so with the bucket off. I think the little ones are less afraid of unmasked costumers. Whatever you decide I am sure it will be awesome. It looks like you are off to a great start. I am looking forward to the rest of your build.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back