Preventing Mandible Spread?

Searay758

New Hunter
Hey all, I'm currently in the middle of painting my Asok budget CC and I noticed the mandibles are slowly starting to warp apart. Although I have my masked visor attached with the chicago screw method I don't have any fasteners at the bottom of the middle part of the T. Since this is what's causing them to spread does anyone have any suggestions to permanently fix the two mandibles together while (hopefully) still being able to remove the visor if needed? If anyone's had any luck doing something such as fastening the insides of both cheeks together to prevent spreading I would really appreciate any tips you have to offer, thank you!

Before I cut ALL of the visor out .I leave a small part to keep from spreading, right beofre I complete the paint, I cut the connecting area and finish up, then glue in the visor beofre warping might happen. I would maybe hot glue a support until your painting is done.. Post up pics !! Hope that helped .. Best of luck

Heres what i did..
DSC_0022.JPG
I put in a piece of slightly bend transparent acrylic plastic, this holds my cheeks together and holds the visor up against the edge of the opening.

I plan to temporary replace the acrylic piece with some ridged cardboard during painting

Before cutting out the visor, I epoxy or JB Weld in a bent piece of flat steel bar to the lower part of both cheeks. I cut grooves on the side that sit flush with the cheek and rough up the insides of the cheek for better adhesion before applying the epoxy.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back