Making progress on ESB EE-3

bcurtis

Active Hunter
Hi all. Just wanted to share the progress I'm making on my ESB EE-3. It's not finished yet, but it's finally starting to resemble the best ugly blaster from the films.

Parts:
Blaster: Bronze Hand Schaub Webley
Barrel: Heiland 2-cell
Resin bits: Mixture of Stormrider (stock greeblies, Molex connectors) and Sidewinder (barrel mounts, V-8 greeblies, lanyard rings)
Scope: Vintage type-2 Milbro 4x20

I stained the stock and gave a once over to the barrel section. I also painted up the resin bits. I still have to weather everything (combo of dry brush and acrylic washes) and attach the lanyard rings. I also have to finish painting the greeblies on the stock. I am hesitant to put any paint on the scope since it looks so nice, but I think that it needs it.

I can't wait to see how it looks when it's finished. I think I'm going to go the route that RedArc went and install a Plecter Labs blastercore. I just have to build up the courage to cut out the trigger and replace it with a functioning one. Anyhow, enough yapping. Here are a few pics. I'll update when I have done more.

IMG_1669.jpgIMG_1673.jpgIMG_1680.jpg

I think it looks great already. Those HS Webley are very nice. Will you be removing the bulb holder from the flash on the finished piece?

Thanks, Andy! I'm not sure if I'll remove it or not. I know it's not screen accurate but I really like the way it looks. It's simply wedged in place, so it's easy to remove if I decide to go that route.

Thanks guys! Syllander, this thing is pretty damn heavy, but oh so cool looking. The thought of trooping with it gives me motivation to work out. lol! I am so glad I got the HS though. It's a thing of beauty! Oh, and I have been roaming around the house with it. My wife is tired of it already. I'm going to finish it up this week. I'll post final pics then.

Very cool. Who did you get the "box" greeble on the stock from? Do you still have the end cap from the Heiland? I am looking for one with flat, quarter inch 'coin' ridges.

Storm rider greebs fellas.... Looking good there...Just got a new (new to me) Hyperfirm ROTJ blaster! Pics soon...

And I have 3 heilands FS check out my thread

Fett for real, none of them have the end cap I want, but how much for one of the flashes with the rounded holes?

bcurtis, how did you attach your molex plugs? I have always a assumed the real one were made of the type of plastic glue wont stick to.

Storm rider greebs fellas.... Looking good there...Just got a new (new to me) Hyperfirm ROTJ blaster! Pics soon...

Thanks F4R. Can't wait to see the pics.

SPY007, I just used gorilla glue to attach the Molex connectors. I replaced the SR barrel mounts with a set of SW ones, so I had to remove and re-glue the molex connectors.

Just thought I'd give a quick update. The blaster is 99% finished. I still have to weather the scope, but other than that, I think I'm calling it done (well...until I add electronics down the road). Here's a quick photo of what it looks like right now:

IMG_1999.jpg

The image should be fairly large so you can see it up close.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back