I am such a dimwit

I cut out the visor area on my helmet today and glued in the visor with hot glue.
Later i had a fit and decided to take out the visor to work more on the gap between the visor and mandible.
Anyway i pulled out the visor and in the process cracked it and made a hairline fracture in the upper mandible of the helmet (nothing major but i have to order a new visor)

Long story short, anyone know a good method of removing dried hot glue from inside the helmet ?

It is a Asok budget cc and i wouldn't want to treat the glue with something that could damage it even further.

Isopropyl alcohol will make hot glue pop right off. At least it does for me. I was in a similar situation and tried a few solvents with no luck, but the alcohol made it come right off. Put some on a q-tip or a cotton ball and just hold it on the glue for a few seconds.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!
Now i just need to get that glue removed and sand down the lip/edge of the mandibles, the lid i got is really wobbly inside.

use a hair dryer to heat the hot glue up a little,it'll peel right off then.

is your lid painted yet ? you might want to drill a small hole right through your helmet each end of the crack. This will stop it spreading. Small bit of filler in the holes and a little sanding,then you should be good.

use a hair dryer to heat the hot glue up a little,it'll peel right off then.

is your lid painted yet ? you might want to drill a small hole right through your helmet each end of the crack. This will stop it spreading. Small bit of filler in the holes and a little sanding,then you should be good.

^^^What He Said!^^^

I went with a combination of Hot air and Isopropyl both where very useful!

As for the hairline crack, i sanded it down and applied some Plastic model putty.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back