painting boot elastic and pipeing

full metal fett

Active Hunter
Just picked up a set of Man of War boots from the previous run (white canvas).

They are for my Supertrooper build,so I need to paint the side elastic and the pipeing white.

Anybody got a clue as to what kind of paint to use? Please keep in mind that not all brands are available to me in the UK,so its more the TYPE of paint I need to know.

Thanks FMF

Maybe I did it wrong, but I just gave mine a mist of spray paint. I wasn't full on looking to paint mine, but was just trying to change the hue a bit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I'll need the black of the pipeing and gusset elastic to be a good solid white. Thinking fabric paint for the elastic,but I have no idea for the vinyl pipeing.

A good enamel spray paint should be able to do both. Just clean off any oils from hands on the vinyl stripes before painting. May even want to lightly roughen up the vinyl with some fine sand paper to help with bonding.

If the dupli-color above is not available, you can use the enamel on the vinyl striping by masking it out so you only hit it with the spray, as it's not really going to stretch. Then you can use a different white fabric spray on the elastic alone. Kind of tedious, but you could always brush on the fabric spray if you spray a quantity in a disposable cup and brush.

Some dupli-color is available in the UK....but not much and not white.

Good lead anyway as its used to spray vinyl car interiors.

A little digging and I found a UK seller who has this kind of paint made by TRG in white (and about 100 other colors).

Also found that Dylon do a brush on fabric paint,so I think I'm golden now.

Thanks for the help guys :)

A before and after shot. The dylon fabric paint took a lot of coats. Masking the pipeing to spray with the vinyl and leather spray paint was a pain,but I'm more than happy with how things turned out.

Now time to make some spikes ;)

IMG_20140414_133803.jpg

IMG_20140426_074718.jpg

Thanks guys. Going to the only Fett trying to keep clean....lol.

Went over the white canvas with some trainer (tennis shoe) whitener. Think I'll keep a bottle of it in my flight suit pocket at all times for touch ups.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back