Ammo Belt Boba Fett Belt as ESB for dmount

BobaFiend

Active Hunter
Hey guys, wanted to share the latest commission I finished for dmount. This belt is made of veg-tanned leather and custom dyed with my own mix of oil dyes. The pouches are non-functional and built around wood blocks. For convenience, the hanging pouch velcro is color coded so you always know which pouches go on which side. Once again I'd like to thank StrumFett and RafalFett for the templates that allowed me to make this so accurate and dmount for hiring me! Thanks for looking!

IMG_2564_zps33b888d7.jpg

IMG_2565_zps458f9671.jpg

IMG_2566_zps4b3b5964.jpg

IMG_2567_zpsab53e68b.jpg

IMG_2568_zps1efd61fc.jpg

IMG_2569_zps2fb42cc0.jpg

IMG_2571_zpsab11d192.jpg

IMG_2574_zps619cdd2a.jpg

Wow, thanks so much for all the kind comments guys. I really appreciate it! So many generous words from such great members.

Holy crap I love it! Thanks Austin! Its a thing of beauty :)

So glad you like it! It'll be on its way to you very soon.

Guys good at em. Now I gotta get another belt with just two rivets in it to be able to go ESB....

Just say the word! Hahaha

Great looking ammo belt! You should do this more often.

I've got another on the chopping block for Rascal coming up soon.

How difficult is it to sew leather? I am thinking of doing it myself, but the image of trying to sew it makes me want to use faux leather.

You will need a very hearty and strong machine. My old Singer Simple can sew through leather but the issue is the feed dogs are not able to feed the leather through at even increments to create even stitches.

I've been doing these on a Bernina Virtuoso that I got secondhand. About 10 years ago it was a $1500 machine and I still had to do a lot of experimenting to get it to work properly on this veg-tanned leather. It's basically at its operating limit to handle this stuff. Now, chrome-tanned leather (what handbags and shoes and stuff are made of) would be a different story...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back