Fem Scout trooper

InkedElf

New Hunter
So I have been scouring the internet to find a way to make the breastplate for a femtrooper and kept running into the same problem, everything is designed for women with a normal sized bust. Which left us bustier girls out of luck. then I stumbled upon a gent that was making mass effect armour for his wife by screwing 2 round things to a board and stretching eva foam over it. (here is his blog Evil FX / BioWeapons.com | Custom Costume Builds ) but the same problem came up, where am i going to find something that is big enough and round? Well, I was making dinner one day and pulled my dollar store strainer out of the dish washer... and, well colour me pink it sure did fix mighty nice! 20140328_211335_resized.jpg

So I went to the dollar store and got 2 and removed the handles and hot glued them to a dollar store cutting board.
FB_IMG_13949103181591287_resized.jpg
I used one of those cheep wal-mat puzzle mat and a heat gun to mold it over the base I made. then just cut it out and heated the sides and bent them in place so it curved around my chest.

Here is the helmet20140328_204209_resized.jpg20140328_204305_resized.jpg20140328_204320_resized.jpg the black bits are strips of foam that I cut out to do the detail in the front. I had a had time finding a good refrance photo of the front of the helmet so I just did my best.

Coming along nicely. Breastplate looks very well made. Will you be making the remainder of the armor yourself?

You bet! Everything that I could find was too big or way too expensive. so far i have only spent 80$ on everything that i need to finnish.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back