Official Scope Thread

The windage knob base and screws are not correct Thomas.....:)

I sent some pics over to BB if he wants he can post them here.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to jump on that scope as well Braks until I noticed the one piece mounting piece... :( Congrats anyhow!

One of mine had that also, ita a snap to remove and add the correct rings.

Plus as a bonus I think it is the correct mount for the Nostromo Alien pistol!

Jim

As promised here are the compares. Just want to point out, as far as I know this is LORDSANDY's discovery. I don't want anyone to think I made this discovery. All credit goes to him.

As you may notice the little angled plate at the bottom of the scope ring, that grips the scope mount is a bit short on mine. Fortunately this is a removeable part and I can easily have some machined to the right dimensions. :) Also, I apologize that some of the scaling and angles are a bit off.

I'd say we have a winner. :D

Scope_Compare_01.jpg

Scope_Compare_02.jpg

Scope_Compare_03.jpg

Last edited:
BTW, BobaFettish, the scope DCB snagged looks a little more like the two scopes seen on Dr Evazan's blaster which are ever so slightly different from what is seen on Fett's blaster. If DCB would move the scope rings a bit and take a better pic, I could tell you for sure. :)

Last edited:
Looks like you got a winner. Now you know the rules, you have to have enough for the whole class! :)

Brak's,
Great comparison pics!
Sorry if I hijacked the post......I was just positive the ASI is the right scope.
Glad you got one and hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
Jim S.

Jim, you were right on the money! You know me though; like to prove it for myself. I think the pics above say it all. Thanks again for your help!

Last edited:

Brak's Buddy wrote:

Are you saying you would like to make castings? ;)

Let me think about it. I am pretty stretched for time but I would love to be a part of this great find!

Please excuse my ignorance on this subject, (been so busy with the rest of my suit that I haven't gotten a chance to do much blaster research yet) but is the ASI 4 X 20 a particularly difficult scope to find?? anyone know how long they were produced and possibly, in what quantity, (ie. were they a popular model???) I'm jast wondering if I should start visiting sporting goods stores in my area, or should I just save my gas money & go strait to ebay??? Great find there BB:)
Damian

Jango's kid , they seem to be relatively rare and can generally only be found on eBay. They are not particularly well built. Seem like a cheap model. The Tasco models found at pretty much any Wal_Mart are much more well built... but aren't accurate. :D

:lol: kurtboy, you are about the 6th person to say that... The next one that comes up on eBay should be VERY interesting to watch. :)

Last edited:

Lordsandy wrote:

Cheers!

What is wrong?
I saw one that I may buy,can it be fixed?

I would suggest you buy it if you can get it cheap. There are many old 4 x 20 scopes out there. I have several different types and the windage knobs/housing/screws can be interchanged if required... pick 'n mix to give the correct combination.

slave1pilot wrote:

Lordsandy wrote:

Cheers!

What is wrong?
I saw one that I may buy,can it be fixed?

Well I did say that the next one will be mine and I just received it this morning.

Hard to tell from the photo but it is exactly the same as brak's one above. The plastic ring infront of the rear bell is missing but I have plenty spare ones including vintage ASI ones :)

24_1.jpg

Brak's Buddy wrote:

Jango's kid , they seem to be relatively rare and can generally only be found on eBay. They are not particularly well built. Seem like a cheap model. The Tasco models found at pretty much any Wal_Mart are much more well built... but aren't accurate. :D

:lol: kurtboy, you are about the 6th person to say that... The next one that comes up on eBay should be VERY interesting to watch. :)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back