Thinking about a Jango build

Indiana

New Hunter
Hello, I am brand new to this site, and at this point, I'm just kind of fishing for some help. I am considering trying to put together a Jango Fett costume, and based on my research so far, this seems to be the place where I'll most likely be able to get my questions answered. I am currently putting together a Stormtrooper costume for my wife, so she can join the 501st. I was thinking of building the Jango outfit for myself, but my skill set is very limited. I can paint, sand, and assemble, but building stuff from scratch is something I am just not good at. My primary concerns are: 1)an armor kit, 2)a jetpack, and 3)a gun belt. Is there anyone here that sells those items, or knows where I can get them? I just want to know if this is a project that I can actually accomplish before I start investing in it. Any help or advice would be appreciated. :)

Take a look in some of the WIP threads and you can get a good idea of who the makers are. Some of the makers are still producing and some may not be. I listed off all of my parts and makers in my WIP thread and then in a jet pack WIP thread also.

Welcome to the forums and please feel free to ask questions and learn about the build. I have had a great time trooping as Jango the last few years.

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything. I am in the process of acquiring all the pieces I need at this point. I have a nice helmet, some really cool gauntlets from Cruzer with all the greeblies, boots that will work, a nice gun rig and jet pack harness from BKBT, a resin kit for the blasters, and the girth belt. The armor, flak vest, jet pack, and flight suit have all been ordered. It will still be awhile before I start putting any of this together, as I have been working really hard on some stormtrooper armor for my wife. I am looking for some threads on here that will help me put the gauntlets together and properly assemble the jetpack so that is attaches to the harness. Anyone have any info on that?

Seeker has some great pics of how to attach the jet pack. I have a WIP thread where I did two jet packs and I have pics in that thread as well.

If you find any seeker post he has a link to his pictures in his sig line. Follow the link to his Flickr page and you can see the pics.

Cruzer has a tutorial on how to hinge the gauntlets. Make sure you put the working/activating hinge on the inside seam(towards you're body). I recommend JB weld or equivalent to glue them in place.
Send me your email and I can give you some pics on good views so you know how to place the flamethrower and whatnot.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back