I'm Moving!

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Hey fellow denters! Just wanted to let you guys know whats going on in my neck of the woods as i get lots of PMs/e-mails with questions about stuff, and of course questions and inquiries about building painting commissions.

The wife and i have decided to move to Long Island New york (from Brooklyn New York)into my inlaws house, in a rear section/add on/apartment. It hasnt been used in a few years so it needs to be gutted and redone. So of course we are doing it to our liking. We have already started demo and will continue to do so 1-2 days of my 3 day weekends every weekend until we are done redoing the place.

Bad news is i will have to stop taking commissions for a little bit because i wont have enough time to help with the reconstruction and doing the commissions. Rest assured anyone who currently has commissions ongoing with me i am working on them as best i can. I may be a little slower until this rebuild and move is complete, but i'll get your stuff done! :) (we are looking at moving in by June)

Good news is, i will have a proper work space. I will have a large shed in the backyard to do my paint work and can get back into fabricating stuff. I will likely offer my Fett helmet again along with other things both Fett related and not, once im settled in. I plan to finally build the Vac table i have all the parts for just sitting here so i can make some stuff ive wanted for years!. I will also have a workspace in the basement to do things like trimming and assembling ABS or HIPS Stormtrooper armor for customers and such..stuff that doesn't stink basically lol.

So anyways, just wanted to get you all up to speed since you all are my extended family :) Please feel free to still ask any questions or inquire about commissions for the near future. I will still get back to you as quickly as i can!

Keep on hunting!
-Lou
"Darth Voorhees"

Last edited by a moderator:
Moving is never fun. Moving + renos has to be even worse. All the best and good luck Lou!!

Btw...you assemble TK gear? How much do you charge to trim and assemble? I'm on an epic waiting list for ATA...it will be much later in the year. Just curious. I assume you would need precise measurements.

thanks for all the well wishes!

yea it will be a pain, but WELL worth it in the end :) It'll be nice to work on stuff NOT in the kitchen/livingroom of a 1 bedroom apt :p My living space will be ultimately clean!!! LOL!

Deathproof...PM incoming!

yea its a mess lol...im working on 3 sets of shin tools now...one i believe is yours..the plan is to have all 3 done tomorrow before i go back to the house on Saturday :)

Good luck with the move. I flipped my last place and i know what a pain it is. Take a look at Sears outlet. I bought my appliances for 50 to 75% off and you get the warranty. Also, i sold that place and moved. I used the company Rent Our Boxes. They cost less then if you bought the boxes from Home Depot and they drop the boxes off at your house and less pain then dumpster diving for them.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back