"I aim to misbehave" - UK newbie.

Skrall

New Hunter
Hi guys.

Title might be a little misleading here... but i want to introduce myself. I've been a star wars fan since the christmas showing of The Empire Strikes back in ITV in 1994/5. In fact my father recorded it for me, and ever since then i've been hooked (well until the clone wars... but hey ho). Now i've hit my mid twenties i've found myself in a difficult patch in my life, or i should say, recovering from it. Three years ago i got a major depression that virtually sunk me, and it's taken me until now to rebuilding myself. I gained a lot of weight during it, and i'm now on the way to becoming a better self.

Over the next 10+ months i aim to lose in the region of 10 stone/63 kilos/140lbs until i'm at a lean weight where the clothing world is my oyster. So far i've lost 12lbs in about 4 weeks, but i want to give myself a reason to keep it up, a goal to aim for. I thought to myself; Why not fett? So while i push through the next few months i'm going to be looking at sourcing fett armour piece by piece (I've seen a few videos that suggest coming here for good resources and finding folks who produce kit pieces). I'm actually hold a degree in Illustration, and make a living between normal work and commission miniature painting, so i can't wait to move to a nice large scale project.

Anywho, i didn't set out to tell folks my life story, but i'm looking forwards to joining this community fully, and would appreciate any help folks can offer on my way to a fett/custom mandalorian build.

-Skrall

Welcome Brother Skrall! we are truly happy to have you with us. Life is interesting and definitely challenges us all in different ways, but within all of us is the will to plow through any rough times in our life. Sounds like you are handling it well now and getting you mine and focus on a project like a Fett costume build will become a fun project. I too started my fett pre-pro 2 build knowing there was no way i could fit in it, but i started to collect parts, picked up some armor and a helmet. now I'm nearing the end of my build and it was time to start losing some weight. now i'll let all the young bucks in on a secret, at 43 years old weight dose not come off easy or fast, your metabolism will slow down and you don't burn off calories like you once did. While in my 30's i ran a hand full of marathons and about twenty or so half marathons. Back then i could eat a whole pizza and a small chocolate cake in one sitting mainly cause i was going to run ten miles the next day.
Now I'm 43, married with three kids and no time to work out. please allow me to save you a lot of time and money. Start Juicing, juicing fruits and vegetables will provide you with all the vitamins, nutrients and minerals you body needs. while juicing you can consume as mush juice and water as you need. A typical juice fast (two weeks) will result in a 14 lb weight loss.

I personally have been juicing for sometime now, I started out at about 218lbs and I'm coming in at 193 now and well on my way to my 175-180 goal. I juice Monday through Friday and i eat whatever i want on the weekend in moderation. I just started running again and it feels great. that's enough about me, point is lose a large amount of weight juicing then start working out. PM me if you need any assistance juicing.

with regards to your Fett build Brother, do you know what suit your looking to build? ESB-ROTJ-PP-ST-SE

OK getting late here, Take Care

(=Syper=) Jim

@xanthis; thanks mate!

I personally have been juicing for sometime now, I started out at about 218lbs and I'm coming in at 193 now and well on my way to my 175-180 goal. I juice Monday through Friday and i eat whatever i want on the weekend in moderation. I just started running again and it feels great. that's enough about me, point is lose a large amount of weight juicing then start working out. PM me if you need any assistance juicing.

with regards to your Fett build Brother, do you know what suit your looking to build? ESB-ROTJ-PP-ST-SE

OK getting late here, Take Care

(=Syper=) Jim

I've actually begun 5 weeks ago, i only juiced one or two meals a day in order to get my body to adapt and to allow the worst of the toxins in my system a chance to clear before i throw myself in (today as it happens) to a 7 days (or longer) juice fast. Because of how much **** i've eaten in the past 3 years as a result of a extreme tendancy towards comfort eating i am/was a little nervous as to what was going to come out of my system as i begun to diet. I've made steps slowly, in fact i cut out sugary drinks (or Pop in the uk) like coke/drpepper at new year. I've all but stop drinking, and i barely eat any ready meals anymore (except a few chosen high end curry's that are... less bad than most). It's a complete diety overhaul, and despite the minor weight loss i've dropped something like a chest size already. I'm also relatively fit for my size (i walk 8-10+ miles a week, not including being on me feet all day at work).

As for feet; Empire/rotj era of design;
Still, i've begun to look about and noticed Foamex (the UK version of the compressed pvc americans call sentra/sintra) is a good material for doing the bulk of the build. I'm probably going to resource a kit for the helmet, vambraces and jetpack since i don't think i can build those without it killing vast amounts of time. The one thing i am interested in is where are people sourcing the jumpsuits and central torso jerkin from?

-skrall

Arkady here on this side of the pond is your best bet for the soft parts. Even with overseas shipping her prices are fair and quality is outstanding. Welcome man, and good luck!

Welcome to TDH. Been through the mill myself with depression over the last couple of years. Put on a few pounds myself due to eating way to much rubbish. I've found exersise helps the body and mind. Plus getting back into my prop building after two years away from it is helping me.

Best of luck with your build. Lot of good people on here (many of us from the UK) that can help and advise you on everything.

Sounds like your off to a great start, keep doing what you’re doing then Mr. good luck with your rotj build, it’s going to be cool seeing that show off photo when you’re all done:)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back