Side by side comparison of CA Boots and JW boots

jeezycreezy

Active Hunter
Figured I'd take some shots while I still had both pairs in my possession in the hopes that someone finds them useful.

Note:The CA Boots are a size 11. The JW boots are a size 10.

sidebyside.jpg

side_boots.jpg

toes2.jpg

materialsandsticthing.jpg

Discuss...

Cheers!
TJ

While the CA boots are a nice thing to be able to order at anytime, I just can't get over how dead on the JW boots are to the real ones. I have a pair of the JW boots and have seen the CA boots in person and both are constructed very well. I like the JW boots square toe area and the materail that they are made of. I think the dark stripe on the CA boots is a little too dark.

Trooper TK409 wrote:

Nice comparison shot. Thanks for this.

You're quite welcome. I was actually going to write some kind of review, but I really think the pictures speak volumes. I mean, if the JW's are in the neighborhood of screen accurate, then the CA Boots are on the planet that is farthest from. ;)

Cheers!
TJ

Wow Wes' boots are much better. The CA Boots have a lot of things wrong. But still I don't think they're a bad option when weathered for someone on a tight budget.

I don't think the caboots are that bad at all. Mine looked GREAT once I weathered them up and repainted them more accurate colors.

-Matt

I have a pair of CA that I just got last month,, I love them, its like walking on air.... ok well you know. but I do alot in them to weather them up. im happy.

jawafive said:
I don't think the caboots are that bad at all. Mine looked GREAT once I weathered them up and repainted them more accurate colors.

-Matt
Matt,
can you post pics of your weathered CA boots?
I'm planning on gettin a pair;-)
thanks,
michael

Dude!
Size 16?
I thought I had big feet with my 14's!
The CA 13's fit perfect on me because they run a tad large.
Dude, you should totally go as the Hasbro Galactic Hero's Fett with the big head hands and feet.

OK.. for those of us who are unsure which boot is from CA Boot or to lazy to go the the CA Boots webpage (or both) which one is which?

Mine are the ones that actually look like Boba boots.

Boba Swede said:
OK.. for those of us who are unsure which boot is from CA Boot or to lazy to go the the CA Boots webpage (or both) which one is which?

Jango_Wes said:
Mine are the ones that actually look like Boba boots.

:lol:

Agreed. In all of the above pictures, the CA Boots are on the right...and, well, you can probably work out which are the JW boots from there. :)

Cheers!
TJ

what the hell is up with "CA boots on a tighter budget" 100 freaking dollars, my normal shoes are not even that expensive, besides, teh CA boots look fantasttic once painted and toe spiked... JW boots are way to small up front and to flat plus teh riduculously rectangular corners...theyre more like girls footware... nothing personal :angry

Damn! I *knew* I should have consulted you before I did those boots.

R_boba_fett said:
what the hell is up with "CA boots on a tighter budget" 100 freaking dollars, my normal shoes are not even that expensive, besides, teh CA boots look fantasttic once painted and toe spiked... JW boots are way to small up front and to flat plus teh riduculously rectangular corners...theyre more like girls footware... nothing personal :angry

ok, here is the scoop.
I own a pair of the CA boots. I love them and think they are well crafted and very comfortable. My initial reasoning for getting them is because of the price and the budget i am on in this Fett Making Project.
I do however really like the JW Boots. Enough that I was completely on the fence when he did his last run. I honestly prefer to have parts from the costume that were made by members of the board other then outside sources and retail vendors.
Both have their strong points and anyone here should definately be proud of their decision no matter which of the 2 they purchased.
It is really nice that we at least have a choice in the matter and it is definately obvious that Wes has painstakingly spent alot of time researching the finer details to produce such a quality piece of work.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back