ROTJ Left Guantlet light WIP

Aaaaaand I ordered it. I'll post up some pics when they arrive next to my gauntlets.

If anyone wants one of the extras, just let me know.

Hi guys
Very late to the thread I know but would this work with the round cell battery 2032 instead of the larger 9v battery? Looking at space saving

i was just wondering if it needs a resistor. i haven't seeing one on that setup... Im planning to run wires from the flamethrower all the way to the switch and the light, and hot glue them all inside, leaving just the 9v battery inside the flamethrower. It may seem lots of wiring, but i believe it can work with some heat shrinking and hot glue lol.

i was just wondering if it needs a resistor. i haven't seeing one on that setup... Im planning to run wires from the flamethrower all the way to the switch and the light, and hot glue them all inside, leaving just the 9v battery inside the flamethrower. It may seem lots of wiring, but i believe it can work with some heat shrinking and hot glue lol.

I have to say, this thread has always confused me... is there something wrong with the "found part" listed in the wiki (http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/wiki/Red-Indicator-Lamp)? That's what I used (shown here):

IMG_1333.jpg

and it runs off a standard 9 volt with no resistor needed. Here's a pic of the wiring:

IMG_1342 copy.jpg

The light base and wiring/battery are outlined in red (pay no attention to the wires between the switch and the flamethrower -- I need to check with Art before talking about those). I wanted to use the switches on the flamethrower (exterior) but they're momentary, and so the light would only glow when holding down a button. That's not what I wanted, so I added the small on/off switch inside the flamethrower housing to control power to the lamp. As it is, the wiring wasn't that complex or difficult -- hardest was drilling the wonderful RKD gauntlet to place the lamp.

runs off a standard 9 volt with no resistor needed. Here's a pic of the wiring:

View attachment 99749

The light base and wiring/battery are outlined in red (pay no attention to the wires between the switch and the flamethrower -- I need to check with Art before talking about those). I wanted to use the switches on the flamethrower (exterior) but they're momentary, and so the light would only glow when holding down a button. That's not what I wanted, so I added the small on/off switch inside the flamethrower housing to control power to the lamp. As it is, the wiring wasn't that complex or difficult -- hardest was drilling the wonderful RKD gauntlet to place the lamp.

What else you have connected there??? looks like you have lights coming from the flamethrower... and, can you post more detailed pics? I'm trying to figure this out right so i have to make the cuts on the gaunt only once...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back