Bossk Shoulder patches, black helmet seal thing, etc

Gato

Jr Hunter
I am new here, but have been researching how to make a bossk costume for some time. Money is an issue, so I am trying to find pieces and parts on ebay to complete the costume.
I was wondering where I can find:
Shoulder patches
That black helmet/neck seal thing that is under the white flak vest
And
Leg Flares

If anyone knows how or where I can get these items, please let me know. Ive been searching the internet, instead of working, and havent come up with anything in the past week of searching.

I guess I need to plan a trip to Trandosha, since nobody knows.

I found out that I can make the leg flares out of 2" olive drab webbing and also the X-wing harness from 2" gray webbing.

Still need help on the black neck seal vest and the shoulder patches.

Check out Wampa Wear for the leg flare holders, leg straps (ejection harness) and plastic leg flares.

Nobody seems to make the black under vest with any regularity. Here on TDH Bleahhh (sp?) advertised them, but I don't know if he is still making them.

I can send you a POC by PM for the shoulder patches.

My strongest advice is AVOID eBay. You can usually find everything you need directly through this site, the 501st Legion and the Bounty Hunters Guild. When it comes to costume quality, eBay is the outlet of the impatient. Better to stay within the community - you're far less likely to get burned.

Good hunting.

Sounds great. The patches were one of the hardest things to find.
I already sent a PM for the black
vest but havent heard back yet.
Im going to be making the leg flares myself thanks to the write up on another site.
Thanks for the advice.

Check out Wampa Wear for the leg flare holders, leg straps (ejection harness) and plastic leg flares.

Nobody seems to make the black under vest with any regularity. Here on TDH Bleahhh (sp?) advertised them, but I don't know if he is still making them.

I can send you a POC by PM for the shoulder patches.

My strongest advice is AVOID eBay. You can usually find everything you need directly through this site, the 501st Legion and the Bounty Hunters Guild. When it comes to costume quality, eBay is the outlet of the impatient. Better to stay within the community - you're far less likely to get burned.

Good hunting.

You were right about ebay. Couldnt find anything on there anyway. I found or made everything just from the forum and researching.
Still having trouble with the black rubber neckseal. Need to know how others have done it.

Im about to start looking for all the same things. Starting with the flight suit. If you have any advice on directions to point me that would be awesome!

Yellow rubberized flight suits are hard to find. I saw a few pop up on here and ebay, but not in my size. It is popular to go with a yellow cotton coverall (that's what I did) and you wont die of heat stroke. It is hot enough with the mask hands and feet. Another option is to find an RAF flight suit (British) and turn it inside out and dye it yellow.Mods will be needed though. Patches I bought from another 501st member that makes them. I have her email if you want it. Just PM me.

If you have any questions, shoot me a pm and Ill be happy to answer. Im working on a second Bossk now.

Thanks for your offer of assistance! I will probably take you up on that offer in the next few weeks (once I start to get things figured out).

Hi,
I'm trying to put together a Bossk costume, looks like there are some good pieces of advice on this thread. Did you manage to get anywhere with the under vest and neck seal?

Thanks for the info, That vest is perfect, but I might try making my own for a 1st attempt. I'll check out the gasket, hose and that thread for the links. Thanks again.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back