Site Design changes?

Necronaut

Hunter
I've noticed that little things have been changing around here over the last week or two. The menu bar is a little different; the post background is a little different; the main logo and title is now a little different.

It's a slow rollout, and it's mostly a cosmetic change. The functionality and location of the site seems unchanged. I like it! :D

Except the emoticons don't seem to work... :s

We are finally pretty much done with the RPF style changes and are now applying a lot of the things we learned there, here. It is a slow go, but we are chugging away at it.

Emoticons seem to be working to me... although good grief do they need an update...

(y) :) :facepalm

I know it's been brought up in the past, but the old wiki section of the site was very helpful for me as a new member. It had the specs and sites to go to for parts such as the squeegee and chemical stirrers, the make & model of the gauntlet switches and jetpack plugs, etc. If that data is still available in its original form, it would make a very handy addition to TDH.

It still exists, but every time we have launched it, it has caused technical issues. The creator of the software is working on a new version and we have been waiting for that to launch.

Really like the new look, Art! I agree, it's much easier on the eyes.

For some reason the header looks different on my iPad in comparison to my desktop. The header on my desktop looks great with Fett's visor nice and close and there is no 2002-2012 logo. On my iPad or other device, The Dented Helmet overlaps the logo and Fett is the same size prior to the change.

Just though I'd let you know in case you were checking for bugs :)

Just a note. This is only a stop-gap solution. We are eventually going to move to a completely new, responsive design, so the site will look relatively the same from desktop to mobile device (without the use of lame addons like tapatalk.

I think the new getup of the forum looks pretty cool and the efforts of the creators of this board to improve it step by step show their enthusiasm about the whole thing and their clear appreciation of the community.
The only thing I`m missing now are the "Recently added threads" and "Most answered threads" sections (in fact I can`t remember the exact title of these section but I guess everyone knows what I`m talking about). Have they moved somewhere else? I hope these will be back soon as they really provided a better oversight.
The new Boba Helmet logo really looks great and I have a proposal some people might be of the same opinion - don't`t know. I think the part of the jet pack missile being shown too is kind of irritating and somehow disturbs the overall impression. On the other hand I really struggle to imagine if it would really look better without the rocket. But maybe it`s worth a try.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back