Custom Mandalorian WIP: Syper's Mando Build

very cool, interesting take on the standard mando suit. Are you gonna add that pony tail thing still? It would balance out the helmet well.
Good luck and keep us posted!
looking forward to more awesome work from you....
-Ghost

Got a crazy idea walking around in the hardware store, "Aluminum Chin Enclosure"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408380055.398945.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408380085.326092.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408380109.773054.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Ok so I was trying to have a vender / supplier make a Jango vest for my custom build but the communication didn't go well sadly. I was told to fill out a full body template by this person but I thought that was kind of odd for a vest. Why a full body template I asked kindly (inseam/ lower waist?) but I was basically told to just do it and get in line, well lets just say that doesn't work on me.
So long story even longer, I hit the craft store and dusted off the sewing machine. some parts of the vest came from a faux leather jacket I cut up a bit. the stitching is not the best but hey its a custom build right.
Take care
IMG_4730.JPGIMG_4734.JPG
covering my face for your good trust me!
IMG_4735.JPGIMG_4738.JPGIMG_4741.JPGIMG_4742.JPGIMG_4743.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
covering my face for your good trust me! don't think it goes unappreciated:lol: i think the custom vest looks cool your build is coming along great other than your helmet which looks just weird to me the whole build is looking great (y)

I think the custom vest looks cool your build is coming along great other than your helmet which looks just weird to me the whole build is looking great (y)

Thanks Brother, glad you like the vest. If I revealed my face, maybe my helmet wouldn’t look so bad to you lol All good Brother.

First test fitting. I wanted to check soft parts and chest armor placement.
IMG_4757.JPGIMG_4758.JPGIMG_4759.JPGIMG_4760.JPGIMG_4763.JPGIMG_4771.JPGIMG_4776.JPG

Overview: Vest is too long, I should / will take in about 2 inches from the bottom. jumpsuit needs the arms and legs tapered in for a slimmer look. Hmmm I had to remove the blue chest light for the armor to look correct, going to need to cut out an opening in the vest. Chin enclosure looks cool but hell to close once you have the vest and armor on:( ok more to work and issues to correct, Let me know if I missed anything please. Thanks

IMG_4757.JPG

IMG_4758.JPG

IMG_4759.JPG

IMG_4760.JPG

IMG_4763.JPG

IMG_4771.JPG

IMG_4776.JPG

Your setup looks really cool! That neck seal is looks really clean, but what is it too close too? Does it rub on your neck when you turn?

Thanks MrDJ:) yeah that's a great point. It feels great but hey after an hour trooping gee I'm not sure, I'll see. I can always trim it if needed. It was a bit tricky getting the helmet on but this to can be fixed:) thanks for your feed back Brother

Sent from my iPhone

Made a mad dash at the end and didn't post as many pics here but its Done.....Application submitted, wish me luck.
S2.PNGS3.PNGS4.PNGS5.PNGS6.PNGS7.PNGS8.PNGS9.PNGS10.PNGS1.PNGS11.PNGS12.PNG

one word, WOW. great work Syper. seriously impressive mando. inventive and inspiring. ok that was more than one word but your build is truly exceptional!

PS, love the knife!!!

Sent from my R2 unit

one word, WOW. great work Syper. seriously impressive mando. inventive and inspiring. ok that was more than one word but your build is truly exceptional!

PS, love the knife!!!

Sent from my R2 unit

Thanks for the compliments Brother!!!

I had the pleasure to meet Syper last Saturday and check out his custom Mandalorian in person. One word I will say . . . DAAAYYYAAAMM!!!
Seriously, he created a whole new character that deserves a stand alone movie. Awesome job Syper!!!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back