Air Brush system

CastleFett

Hunter
Need help buying a airbrush system.I'm new at this so I have no idea on what to buy. Need it for weathering my ESB Fett. Seen different types of air brush systems with tanks and just compressors. Seen acouple of deals on Amazon.comThanks for the help

You don't necessarily need an air brush system just for weathering soft parts. There are many other ways - acrylic paints, charcoal, tea staining, flat spray paints - that can be used instead. Much cheaper! Now, if you're painting your armor, I would look into airbrushing. IWATA systems are quite nice. You can do a lot with just a single action brush, but a double action gives you more control.

I agree with DP on this if you are just looking for an air brush to weather your flight suit, there are much better methods that you give you a more natural weathering look. A wet on wet with acrylic/fabric paints works great. No hard lines very blended. Spray cans work good for misting, plus you can get fabric specific paints. If you use charcoal you will have to use a fixative to coat it so that it doesn't rub off. But getting an air brush for just this isn't really justified unless you are looking at doing more with it later.

If you are looking for an inexpensive compressor/air brush set check out Harbor Freight they are $89.99. It isn't high end but does a nice job as long as you take care & clean it all up when you are done. The compressor is very quiet. It is a nice beginner set.

What I ment to say is that I need it for weathering hard parts too.
I need to paint my armor but I bought the spray cars for all the colors I need to paint.
I'm having a hard time with over spray and bubbles in the paint. Thought it would be easier to use air brush.
Idk if I'm not waiting long enough or too long in between coats. Thanks.

This is the airbrush kit I'm thinking of getting

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006FQCBZK?cache=cccbdc20b0a7d7f9c1d442708091cc1d&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70#ref=mp_s_a_1_4&qid=1393189141&sr=8-4

For $100, it's hard to beat. I'm not familiar with Master Airbrushes, but it's likely some sort of made-in-china lower quality set. If you decide to bite the bullet, pick up a bunch of mini-Qtips for cleaning the insides. Learn to and get lots of practice with disassembling and reassembling the airbrush body parts so you get comfortable taking it apart for cleaning. YouTube is your friend! Look for reviews on it too.

Agree with all that is said above. I had never airbrushed before painting my Fett. I purchased an inexpensive dual action from Princess Auto (I believe similar to Harbor Freight in the US), it turns out its a repackaged Beaver B200. Not high end by any means, however with some practice I was able to learn to use it relatively well, how viscosity of the paint and air pressure can have dramatic differences on how the paint comes out of the nozzle. Proper cleaning between colour applications and when you are finished using the brush will impact its usability as well as longevity.

Now having used an inexpensive brush and learning some of the in's and out's of airbrushing I am contemplating moving up to the next step, an Iwata is in my future, simply because airbrushing is quite fun!

So start with an inexpensive option, play around, practice lots, make sure it's clean and above all enjoy what you do and you will have airbrushing licked in no time!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back