SE ROTJ Almost complete

This suit has been about a year long build and is the culmination of many different artists (as they all are typically).

Helmet: Asok CC (painted by me)

Armor: WickedBeard

Gauntlets: WickedBeard

Flightsuit: Arkady

Gloves: MOW studios

Boots: MOW studios

jetpack: FettSeven (painted by me)

Braids: Woodman

Chest lights: Fettronics

Ammo Belt: (coming soon) Delta

Rifle: Sidewinder

Vest and neckseal: BatNinja

I still have a bit to do... my toe spikes keep popping off of the plate (need a better adhesive or something I think... suggestions welcome), I'm waiting on my shin tools parts to arrive so I can finish them, I'm waiting on my army half shelter to get here so I can make a better cape, my backplate will one day have to be replaced as this one is a bit too large for me, I need a more accurate beacon and stabilizer on the jetpack, and I desperately need fans for the helmet. I'm currently waiting on the last item I need, which is my ammo belt... but it is in work so that's solved. I'm sure there are issues I don't notice as of yet... There ALWAYS are. Like for instance, my Wife putting the cape on the wrong side for this test fitting. :lol:

Any feedback is appreciated. :)

BobaTest1010_zps38e8dfa8.jpg

BobaTest1009_zps7e59acfb.jpg

BobaTest1003_zps7d1781b4.jpg

BobaTest1006_zpsa46a94e8.jpg

BobaTest1008_zps4595a3df.jpg

BobaTest1004_zps6242b7e0.jpg

BobaTest1005_zps3fbe062d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! It's been such a long time coming... I never thought I would get done. And just putting this thing on once, I was sweating bullets, choking, and unable to sit... it gave me a lot of respect for the guys who wear these suits for hours on end at Cons.

Not to mention that while walking around for these pics, my toe spikes snapped off (3 of them), and a piece of the rifle broke off. :facepalm

Nice build! I hear you on the awkwardness of costuming. In my previous outing as a Power Ranger, I was blind, deaf and (to others) dumb. There was a lot of last minute emergency gluing as well. Stick a fan in the bucket if you haven't already and you'll feel a lot better.

Yeah, living in FL I definitely need helmet fans. I'm going to get on that ASAP. And yeah, it is awkward to be sure... No matter what costume I've worn I got a lot of "What the HELL?" moments with passersby. I am interested to see how things go when I actually have to wear the suit out for longer than an hour. Should be interesting.

Wear a t-shirt underneath so that can soak up the sweat rather than your flight suit. Might be a bit warmer, but you won't have to wash the suit as often and run the risk of ruining any weathering you've added.

Thanks for the tip! Sounds like a good idea. Probably go with a thin undershirt or something like that. Not a fan of underarmor, even though it is well liked by the troopers I know. It's just awkwardly tight in my opinion. lol

One thing that was brought to my attention and I may try to remedy is that the pockets need to be raised higher... so I may have someone do that for me soon.

Mate that's sensational. Super build!
great work with mini-Boba too. Have you built a suit for him too?
(I made a jetpack & blaster for my 3yr old out of cardboard, egg cartons, cling film rolls & a bunch of other stuff- soo much fun!)
Stella work!

Thanks man! I have thought about making something for him, and just may come up with something for him. He's so energetic and he loves the suit. It would be fun to include him somehow.

Thanks guys! Yeah, the gauntlets are a bit heavy but in a good way. I might pad the inside a bit, but they feel a lot more like real gauntlets would feel and I like that.

Could you please give me a list of the paint you used on your stuff? I'm working on my own set right now and your paint job looks so good!

Sent from my iPhone

I had some professional shots taken with my buddies at the 501st for a charity, and even though my suit is not completely finished with my tweaking... I thought I would share them with you guys!

10425109_473491826087134_6067931943187893908_n_zpsc40a951f.jpg

10366088_473492999420350_3799164820729858040_n_zps599e7080.jpg

1393680_473494616086855_8879836282603233220_n_zps6cc31692.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back