Star Wars Themed Dresser for Kids room

dolioshmolio

Jr Hunter
Hi everybody
Here is something I've been up to the last two days.

My Wife and I are expecting our First child the 1st of May(I'm hoping May the 4th:)). So the time has come to do a little Work on His room. We decided to do a ..... wait for it ... star wars theme, shocker I know. I needed to do something with this old white dresser. i searched the internet for a few days collecting different images that might work.

I found this Dresser and loved the Wood on the Grey.
Industrial Star Wars Room - Design Dazzle
dresser.jpg

But I wanted it to be a little more Star Wars then it was. I thought about Boba (of course) or Other Mando symbols, Then i thought about how much i loved R2-D2 as a kid(and still for that matter)
I ran across this from TheGeekerie on Etsy( they have lots of cool prints)
2a9755be11484c06ed020b967e92bf81.jpg
I wanted to try and marry the two ideas. . I sanded then stained the drawers with a light stain. Then i watered down wood glue and painted the R2 image (this is where a projector would have been super handy. You could easily do any image you want with one) I stained it with a very dark stain after the wood glue mix was dry. Then painted the rest of the dresser primer Grey.

It didn't come out exactly as planed, but its kinda cool I think. This was my first time doing something with the wood glue and stain combo. Although it doesn't scream R2( which in a way was kinda the goal), in the context of a Star Wars themed room it certainly puts you to mind of Star Wars(windows . tie fighter cockpit. r2 . death star . are things that pop into my head when i see it )

r2dress.jpgr2dress2.jpg
Most importantly my wife loved:love it, so i guess it was a success

-justin

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back