New member, fan since 74'...

natas66

New Hunter
Hello all, I am new here but have been aware of this site for a while now (at least 4-5 years). I was a fan of Star Wars at a young age and always loved Boba Fett. Have a picture of me at about 8 years old with the old cheap Halloween Boba costume. Anyway I've kinda stayed away from this for as long as I could but now I'm in and I'd like to start my own helmet and am looking for advice. I want to make a Fett helmet and I'm leaning towards the Prototype Armor but I may not do it in white. I saw there are several great kits out there but have yet to see a Prototype kit. Is there a thread with links to all available kits and what one do you reccomend? I know cost is the most deciding factor for most but I would not want to limit myself so any and all reccomendations are welcome, if I'm gonna do one I might as well go all the way. Also is it true someone sells a kit that is aluminum cast, if that is true I would love something like that that you could actually wear and beat on. Anyway please excuse me if I've asked a question that's been asked a million times and point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Welcome! Some quick answers.... Armor is either Boba ROTJ or ESB, or some dentless. They can be tweaked to prepro colors, battle wear or not. The aluminum coldcast (on helmets or jango armor)is an additive to the resin and can be polished to a metal like appearance due to volume of aluminum powder. Definitely nothing to beat on.....take your time and look thru the forums and it will answer many questions. Good helmets are. $175 and up. Good paint jobs are $450 while some legendary are $575 and more...

Thanks for the info, in which forum here would I find the different kits that are available and what is a lengendary paintjob? I would not mind investing in something that is close to perfect.

Armor kits are Fettpride and RKD and Bobamaker. FP and BM both have websites. RKD has a sale thread in the cargo hold. For contact, email FP or BM. PM for RKD. These are all great parts and makers, but FP is pretty much the best out there, but having said that, time can be a factor as him and BM both have rather booked calendars. Search Fettpride and/or Bobamaker on Google or other suitable search engine. Hope that helps....

And if you're looking for some dentless coldcast armor, which is pretty much the only fiberglass armor you'll find out there, look up Cruzer here on TDH. Virtually all makers have switched to ABS like the original suit was, due to ease of production AND the fact that most enthusiasts want the same materials as the screen used suit....

Welcome Brother!!! I'm also a big Pre-Pro fan. Many TDH members here are very very helpful. Check out my PP2 build and please let me know if I can help you.
Take care
Jim

But I have to ask a question....didn't Star Wars come out in '77?

Yeah I know, I put when I was born. I got excited about posting and did not want to edit it. It's just as far back as I can remember I've been a Stars Wars fan, it kind of feels everpresent in my life and Fett was always my favorite. So yeah, I guess fan since I was born even though it was not out yet...:facepalm I did see ROTJ in the theater with my dad....I'm old.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back