Tamiya & Humbrol

Geeza

New Hunter
Hey Guys,

I'm about to attempt my first paint on the ASOK alu CC lid.

I'm based in Japan and have been buying up as many of the Humbrol colours as I can.
The problem in Japan is now customs have stopped the import of paint from outside of the country.
So I'm stocking up on everything I can, but certain colours have sold out, so Ive gotta go with the Tamiya paints for some colors.

I'm using Terminal Fettler humbrol paint list as my started pallet
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/one-last-wafer-thin-esb-paint-job-30707/

Ive used the search tool and searched in google for the equivalent charts. But was wondering if anyone has any advice on the Tamiya colours?

Thanks

Negative. I've been using Testors and Model Masters. Just eye ball the colors. I can't find Floquil or Humbrol where I Live (New York) but the big hobby shop I go to has Tamaiya (Only Acrylic). If you're looking for 501st certification they're not specific about what colors to use... Just general prerequisites: [ROTJ] ...Lighter green for dome and lower cheeks, Darker green for back panel, visor trim dark red in color. That's not verbatim from the site- but it's close!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back