Clothears Flightsuit and Vest features

Good read, I bought a clone under suit from Clothears a few years back and it was excellent, also I have bought TK belts from them as well. As I live in the UK buying from Clothears makes sense because stuff coming from U.S. gets hit with crazy import tax at times.

So, what's a ballpark price something like this would cost? The RoTJ suit on their site looks super, super blue but those cloth samples look just right in the correct light. I am in the market for a suit and vest myself and if I'm going to spend money on it, I only want to spend it on something that's quality.

How much are the cloth ears flight suits guys ? After reading the previous reviews I recon that's the suit for me

I don't think they want their prices posted online but if you PM me or someone who's purchased OR emailed directly they can help you out.

So, what's a ballpark price something like this would cost? The RoTJ suit on their site looks super, super blue but those cloth samples look just right in the correct light. I am in the market for a suit and vest myself and if I'm going to spend money on it, I only want to spend it on something that's quality.

I received my ROTJ suit about a month ago. It does have a hint more blue than I think most other flight suit makers do, but I think the ROTJ suit has more blue than many people think, so it works for me. If you plan on doing a ROTJ SE Fett, I think it is too blue. With that being said, the workmanship and detail is excellent.

It took them about 7 months to finish my flight suit, vest, pouches and spats.

Mike

Its not exactly comprehensive but here how I did it for those of you who want to give it a go.

First I taped some magnets in the correct placement onto the backside of the armor plates. They are only taped so I can remove them and mark their exact position on the backside of the armor

View attachment 89422

Next I dressed a manikin (or in this case a brother) in the main components of the costume. Then I positioned the plates to match the costume version this will eventually be; ESB. I wanted all the unevenness and oddities to look the part.

View attachment 89423View attachment 89424View attachment 89425

Then I very carefully removed the vest so that the plates would not move out of position. Right away I laid it front down on the floor.
View attachment 89426

Last I just used a pencil to mark where the magnets are. Pop them off and you now have a marker for your 3/8th grommet hole punch!

View attachment 89427View attachment 89428

Thats all for now. Grommets tomorrow.

I know this is from a little while back...but holy cow this is genius! Why didnt i see this a week ago. I JUST put the grommets on my vest and it was a royal pain in the butt! This would have been a much simpler method! Nice job Keegan!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back