ESB Humbrol/floquil armor colors?

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Hey all, im looking to see if anyone of our skilled painters has a list of the humbrol (or maybe some floquil) colors they use for ESB armor. My method/colors turns out pretty good, but there is always room for improvement and when i upgrade my armor id like to use humbrols (or floquils) where i can. Im looking for all colors, but even more-so, the shoulders and knees. I know people keep mentioning this zinc yellow chromate, or smoething to that effect but i cant find this color anywhere. Something thats eqivelent in humbrol would be great! But any color list you may be willing to share would be great, im always looking to improve my techniques colors and finished product. thanks!

I used insignia yellow 154, weathered with a medium gray on the left shoulder. On the right shoulder, I sprayed a base of insignia yellow 154 and misted orange 82 over it, going heavier in the more weathered spots. For the heavier weathering on the right shoulder and knees, I used brown 73.

I painted my armor with Testors Euro Dark Green, but I think it's just a touch too dark. Next time, I would cut it with a 4:1 ratio of green to gray, to lighten it a bit.

Thanks man...your shoulder combo is exactly what i was thinking with the colors i already have, so i cant be that off lol. Im guessin your happy with it?

Very happy. I've a few rebuild and replacement Fett projects on the go (FPH2 paint-up, Stormrider sidearm, ROTJ to ESB gauntlet conversion, new vest). If I have time this spring before SDCC, I'll be repainting the green armor parts with a lightened version of euro Dark Green.

For my chest and belly armor ,I used humbrol 76 Matt green over a base coat of 78 ,then I used a very,very dark green for the shady areas. Yellow spots....I don't quite remember, but I'll post it up here as soon as I find out, oh and the no: of the very dark green I use. It looks a bit like this image.jpg. As for the shoulders and knees necronaut is spot on.
Also the chest center is humbrol 117 Matt.

For the yellow scratches on the chest, belly,cod,butt armor i've used humbrol matt 24. The very very dark green i've used Revell matt 69, it's a similar brand to humbrol and it's enamel too, but for that i guess a very very dark grey could work, or black with some very dark green mixed in. hope this helps Lou:D

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back