General Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review

JimmyC

Active Hunter
hey guys! another quick review and some close ups.. I got really lucky and got one of the first Clothears Costumes ESB Boba Fett Flight suits and vests. MY GOD! I can not believe the detail and screen accuracy they put into this bad boy! I’ll also post the video of the unboxing (see bottom) I did for Keegen.

I will say, all the little-little details that they put into this thing are unreal. fits me like a glove too.. I’ll do another short photo shoot soon on a mannequin so you all can see this… Absolutely sick! and totally worth every penny (if you are into the screen accuracy thing)!

If you have any questions or would like to see a close up of an area, let me know!

IMG_1276_zps82a03eee.jpg

IMG_1275_zpsaa5ad1d3.jpg

IMG_1280_zps738a4e3c.jpg

IMG_1278_zpsd9fe30c7.jpg

IMG_1279_zps3e75b262.jpg

IMG_1277_zpsb9ddeea3.jpg

IMG_1281_zpsdcaf49bd.jpg

FP V4 on it
IMG_1282_zpse438b315.jpg

IMG_1274_zps8b44ecd7.jpg

youtube:

Boba Fett « clothears costumes

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been following their progress on Facebook, and i must say this is absolutely awesome..and once im down to my goal weight an need a new jumpsuit...i will seriously concider one of these because the accuracy seems spot on to me. I also like the slots in the vest...saves alot of headache...hopefully they are pretty universally spaced. I have FP V3 armor.

I think the price might be a little on the high side....when I say the most expensive its by double. I feel like they could charge more then others but the price point isnt competitive to me. It would be THE most expensive fett part. And then it still has to be shipped from the UK. Sorry but I think there are less accurate better options. Unless they come down on the pricing. They may sell a few like this one and a few others but normal people arent going to spend that kinda money. AND to add on to the fact that youre probably going to have to take it into a tailor in the US to have them adjust certain things. Sorry to be a debbie downer....just the way I felt after getting the email with a price list.

Well, I can see for most people who are trooping in their costumes, I can see not wanting to drop that kind of money. There are just so many little things that they added that most people either wouldn't care about or notice. But I notice them, and appreciate the fact that they did their research. Now if I may say, as a company, the communication was awesome.. they always emailed me back within a day or so and kept me in the loop..

As far as I know, this is the newest version that they sell. They have been working on and perfecting it for some time.

I actually had to email them twice to get a quote. Which may have been over looked the first time during the holidays.

They price isn't competitive though. It's almost astronomical to the point that it should be a vintage found item. But it's not. It's a replica just like most everything else people use. I think it's about 100 over the point it should be at in USD. Being it has a neck seal attached and all.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Clothears has always been amazing with their communication. The holidays are a very busy time for them as you can imagine.
I agree you could call their prices a bit on the high side. But you have to realize they are not competitive because their products are not. There is much more labor involved because of all the extra details and features. Show me a vest that comes even close. So you are paying more, but also getting more. Never mind the accuracy that is achieved with those features is unmatched.

For years people have been satisfied to ignore most of these details; even though they were known. That is because most people don't value or are OK to skimp on the soft parts' accuracy.
I have never been one of those people. To me the way the soft parts look is as important as the rest. I am willing to pay more for the effort it takes to achieve that.

I find it taking advantage. I've gotten tailored 3 piece suits with shirt and tie for less then what they are charging. Sent you a PM Syllander

Sent from my SCH-I545

Yeah just post the price. Also someone do a side by side of these details with an LSFU and a Batninja vest so it's plain to see the new stuff.

I agree the price is a bit high at $401.98 US (245 british pounds)...i did expect them to be more expensive than most, but it def is more than i was expecting. I thought around $225-250. However, is it worth it, i cant really say, as i obviously dont have one as of yet, but these parts do have alot of details just not found on other suits, and from what i understand their company quality is held in high regards. Its a toss up for me right now, but if they drop the price about $165-175 it would easily become a no brainer, for me anyway....or maybe at least do free shipping to the US? Maybe a TDH discount? lol

Other consideration is the extra tailoring. If it's offered in std. S, M, L etc...there's only a few who could actually get it in and it just fit right...Would be easier to get a good suit and find someone to add the proper holes/slits in them for much less.

The 245 pounds is 405 USD

Sent from my SCH-I545

Shouldnt be Dom..i used a converter online :/ lemme check again.......DOH! it was set to Euros! You are correct! Its 401.98 (according to the converter i just used online)..I will fix it in my post!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back