THINNER AND ENAMEL \/\/TF?!

Using testors Enamel... I can't find a thinner that THINS IT! I've used Weber Turpenoid & Winsor and Newton... I can't get this stuff to thin out...

Testors used to make their own thinner. If its still available, have you tried that? I find using keeping brands together seems to work best. If its still made then try your local hobby store if you don't see it at one of the box stores.

I used no-name mineral spirits. No problem! Lacquer thinner will probably work too. Watch that it doesn't end up warping any thin plastic, though.

The rack Didn't have the Testors thinner. I'm going tomorrow to a Hobby Shop near by (I'll call ahead to see if they have it). I Read about Mineral Spirits and Lacquer Thinner, also. I'm going to go straight Testors Thinning Solution. Who'd of thought mixing this stuff would be so touchy...

Its not working because turpenoid and winsor and newton thinners are made for oil based artist paints, like to do paintings, not enamel.

Like what was previously mentioned, you need to use mineral spirits if you dont use the testors thinner. You can also use the floquil or Humbrol thinners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Testors thinner did the trick To thin that annoying enamel (Obviously) I use the Turpanoide to clean my airbrush aparatus.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back