Is this Asok?

killerkeith

New Hunter
Hello,
I am guessing this clown from Kelowna B.C. Canada is not an Asok representative? He claims to be, despite everything.:( $_57.JPG

Star Wars Boba Fett Helmet KIT Metal Coldcast Full Size | eBay

not trying to be a stick in the mud but you cant link to other peoples ebay store here..

From what i can say this looks like a recast of ASOK's budget kit witch tbh is even cheaper then what this guy is selling this for.

I realise that. It's what the person is claiming that made me curious. It looks to me to be an Asok with the logo removed, but why he claims to be affiliated with Asok is beyond me.

Because people are scum, this reminds me of another guy from canada claiming that he made the FP budget lid and other people are just recasting from his.

Thanks for the apology. I realize you only had the best intentions at heart. And yes someone good has to combat the recasters on ebay ;)

Glad we got that sorted quick! :D

...Animefan, every time i see one of your cold cast fiberglass helmets, i want it. lol They buff out nicer than the urethane resin. One of these days im gonna grab a jango from ya :) Love your work man. I hope to get a paint commission for one of your helmets some time, would love to work on one!

not trying to be a stick in the mud but you cant link to other peoples ebay store here..

From what i can say this looks like a recast of ASOK's budget kit witch tbh is even cheaper then what this guy is selling this for.

Yeah, but I doubt the price says anything about seller as much as the cost of materials. Casting materials are VERY expensive in Canada. And if we order from, say, California. We get to pay duties and taxes on them when they get to our door. I used to use BJB enterprises 1630 casting resin. It was 75 bucks to buy it, then about 25 to ship it to my house when I lived in the US. When I moved to Canada, it was 75 to buy it, 55 to ship it, then 46 bucks in taxes and duties when it got to my door. Shipping from Canada is also incredibly expensive. It's about double that of what it is in the US.

I guess my long winded post summed up would just be. If he could charge less. I'm sure he would he would. it's a great option for those of us in the great white north.

I guess my long winded post summed up would just be. If he could charge less. I'm sure he would he would. it's a great option for those of us in the great white north.

I agree, if i could get at 199UDS helmet without having to pay shipping i would choose that too to be honest, as long as its not some shoddy recast.

I am sorry if i have jumped the gun here, i didn't realize that it was Animefan's ebay user.
I have seen people putting up Helmets with the "FP" logo on ebay before claiming that it was made by them , in fact i was really close to buying one before i stumbled upon this forum.

Yeah, but I doubt the price says anything about seller as much as the cost of materials. Casting materials are VERY expensive in Canada. And if we order from, say, California. We get to pay duties and taxes on them when they get to our door. I used to use BJB enterprises 1630 casting resin. It was 75 bucks to buy it, then about 25 to ship it to my house when I lived in the US. When I moved to Canada, it was 75 to buy it, 55 to ship it, then 46 bucks in taxes and duties when it got to my door. Shipping from Canada is also incredibly expensive. It's about double that of what it is in the US.

Lol that is so true, not to mention all the ebay and paypal fees :( On a side note I do offer TDH members a better price and a wider range of products :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back