How do you keep your gauntlets stationary?

joshvanrad

Hunter
I am working on a ROTJ Boba Fett costume and I'm doing all of the hard parts in pepakura. I was wondering how people get the gauntlets to stay stationary or fixed to the arm. Are most gauntlets packed with foam on the inside to keep it tight around the arm?

Thanks,
Joshua

There's a picture on here somewhere of the inside Velcro strapping... Obviously you'd have to use some epoxy and securing apparatus... I used a mix of foot ball padding foam, craft foam & Velcro strapping, myself.
I'm hunting down some photos for you... But there's definitely some pictures up on this site to get an idea.

I rely on just foam padding glued to the insides. No lacing, watch straps, or velcro strapping. It has worked surprisingly well for the heavy resin cast-fiberglass reinforced-with lotsa metal parts gauntlets I'm currently sporting.

I just realized that many of you keep the size of the gauntlets down by installing a hinge on them. I was completely unaware of this until now. I'm sure that keeps them more stable.

I'm still trying to figure a lot of this stuff out. I'm new to the Boba rig stuff.

Thanks for the responses.

For my heavier resin/fiberglass gaunts, I use the same method. For the lighter gaunts I'm working on now, I'll be using some Velcro.

I just cut a few pieces out of foam sheets used for packing material. Then wrapped them in dark green duct tape, so you can see them inside the gauntlet. I made sure to keep them at least an inch short on either end, so the end of the sheets don't stick out at all.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back