ROTJ Back Panel Color

Ren

Hunter
OK..before I pull out all my hair and have a full on 2 year old temper tantrum..

I am repainting my ROTJ Helemt using Humbrol paints. I have the color list for every other color, but I am having fits trying to match the back panels.
I have read and researched all the threads I could find about this freaking color. I wanted to see what the very skilled painters on this site had to say before I took the leap and bought my paints.

From what I have been able to find it seems that most prefer

Either straight Humbrol 78
or
Humbrol 131 and 76 mixed 1:1

I have also read about the Floquil CNW green..but Im trying to go with Humbrols totally because of the whole disappearing Floquil stock.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Ren

To be honest mate, I tried so many concoctions of Humbrol colours, and I was just never satisfied with any of them specifically for that back panel green you seek. The dome and cheek colour was a different story, but those back panels, and the Mandibles and trim, I was much happier with Floquils.. The Floquil CNW, mixed with Floquil Southern Green (both enamels), were my 'go to' colour, for the 'Chameleon Green'.. They may be harder to come across these days, but if you can source them out, they really were better shades. CNW alone is not right though - it really needs that Southern green mix to act as the catalyst and make the colour really 'pop'. The link Dom posted in my thread will explain in more detail.. :)

Thanks guy and Jayvee..Ive had your link bookmarked forever..I will be using your paint up as a guide..so very well done. I will try to track down the Southern Green..I have a bottle of the CNW..Testors consolidation and removing alot of their paints has really been a pain..I have had to totally revamp my paint list for my ROTJ Fett..
Anyway..Thanks again

I'm a make a trip down to the hobby shop if there isn't to much snow. See if I can find a suitable replacement in the model masters or tamiya lines.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Amazingly I found a bottle of both on eBay..I looked a few days ago & had no luck. Thank you both for your input..I will protect these bottles with my life ! I have the Caboose for the T visor and my Humbrols are on thier way. Thanks again. This site is truely an incredible resource.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back