Need help identifying helmet

Geeza

New Hunter
Hi guys, found this helmet in Japan. Does anyone know anything about it?
The label inside says Takara, but can't find any info.

Thanks

600x600-2012063000001.jpg600x600-2012063000002.jpg600x600-2012063000003.jpg

I would hit up Raffelfett, that guy has probably forgot more about fett than most people will ever know.

I could be wrong on the spelling. but that sort of looks like an Altmanns helmet. It's hard to tell with the pictures you posted, do you have any others with some straight on views?

Altmanns Boba Fett Helmets

I don't know if the DP deluxe had physical damage added to it or not. While I do see some differences between the two, they're not so different that someone couldn't have modified it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm not THE Boba Fett expert (as others suggested), because there are things I don't know and probably will never know, but I try to document myself with whatever info is available and use it to solve the big picture: the mistery of Boba Fett.

I think that GrottyFurball is correct regarding the origin of the helmet. Takara is the name of a toy maker company from Japan, so it is possible that this company was the distributor of these helmets In Japan (and possibly other parts of Asia); more info here ==> Wikipedia - Takara.

Just to answer Geeza's questions (sent through email): the paint job tries to replicate very poorly the ESB Hero helmet and I see this helmet somewhere in the mid range (not too good/not too bad).

I'm fairly certain that is a Don Post. Wether tagged by them or not. Though I never heard of them distributing for DP. There should be a brass plaque inside rear ontop of the lining that reads Don Post Studios with a Lucasfilm copyright, no matter who distributed it though.

The pic with the red background is a Don Post and matches up very well to yours. Keep in mind the paint work was fairly random as the higher numbers were produced.

The other is an Altmans. The differences in shape details is pretty apparent.

image.jpg

image.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back