Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed

Wouldn't it be AWESOME if Hayden came back and played Boba?!.....:lol:

darthnoooooo.jpeg

He already ruined one character...

When he popped into ROTJ I swear my heart stopped.

Ha! Just rumors at this point, but looks like some of us might get our wish afterall. Or the rumor mongers saw this thread...;)

The 4 Most Important Star Wars Stories Of The Year (So far) - Latino-Review.com

Strap in, a lot of you aren’t going to like this.

To counter-act the prequels, the Boba Fett spin-off movie planned for 2018 has an interesting twist pitched by Episode VII writer Lawrence Kasdan: the spin-off will start with a complete stranger killing Boba Fett and taking his armor, starting a Man-With-No-Name bounty hunter tale. So: someone kills the Boba Fett from the prequels and takes his armor and name. One this is for certain is that Kasdan didn’t like the prequel and wants no Bobba Fett Clone in the spin-off film.

Sounds a lot like a Western and it sounds like it could restore a fan-favorite character that was totally a little boy with thousands of versions of his father running around. Or it could just be a lot of stupid rib-elbowing about this stranger doomed to fall into a Sarlaac pit in the most anti-climatic franchise exit ever.

Lastly I was told by 3 sources, reps etc, etc…(so call who ever you want) that Captain American director Joe Johnston is on top of the list to direct the spin-off, which makes sort of sense since he began his career as a concept artist and effects technician on the first Star Wars film. REMEMBER NOW before you all go and say he’s directing the project, I never said he has the job, just that he’s on top of the list, lets get that perfectly clear.

It really can't get into anymore better hands than with Kasdan writing and Joe Johnston directing. I can't even see any "suits" getting in the way of their story. 2018 is just such a long time away:cry

I though their schedule was a Star Wars movie every year?

Episode VII : 2015
Spinoff :2016
Episode VIII : 2017
Spinoff : 2018
Episode IX : 2019

Ok, now that I actually type it out, there is a spinoff in 2018, but why would rumours stir about the second one before the first?

Assuming there's anything to this at all, I suppose rumors are where you find them. My understanding is that these spinoffs are being worked on concurrently so I suppose it's plausible that a rumor regarding the (alleged) Boba Fett spin-off could've leaked first.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back