'Sup from Cali!

StellaMaris

New Hunter
Hello, my name is Lisa Klassen... I live in Bakersfield, CA, originally from Southern California. I have six cats and an awesome husband who loves Storm Troopers and Clone Troopers. I have been costuming for 20 of my thirty-odd years. I do everything from regular 'people clothes' to historical re-enactment and cosplay. I have been doing hardcore Roman re-enactment for the past four years and am taking a break this year to do more pop culture costuming and to start my own Roman costuming business. One thing I did learn from Roman re-enactment is how to put metal armor together, which will help me as one of my big goals for this upcoming year is to learn how to make plastic armor and other types of hard costuming. I'm also hoping to get into the 501st and Rebel Legion next year. In my Star Wars costuming queue: Bo Katan, Satele Shan and Duchess Satine. I usually go by two names: StellaMaris or Pernilla_Palpatine on other boards. my website is LisaKlassen.com: Couture, Costumes & Cosplay. I'm working on updating it, so you can better see my portfolio and tutorials. I'm also a fiber artist. I know a lot about fabric, pattern making and dyeing, so please feel free to ask if you need help in those areas. : )

Welcome to TDH! Sounds like you have quite the background in costuming..pretty awesome! im sure you will learn alot of what you want to know here, and also check out the RPF.com..between these 2 sites i think you'll be plenty busy researching and building!

I'm so overwhelmed right now! So much cool stuff that I've never tried before... Where to start? Actually, I have an answer to that. I'm starting with the Bo Katan bodysuit and flack jacket. Lol.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back