General Mid-Budget ESB built

I did a little test fitting of the greeblie (it´s not attached permanently, so I can change the dimensions). What do you think?:confused
P1190045.JPG
P1190047.JPG
P1190048.JPG

I think it´s too huge/high. So I´ll cut/sand it down from 1,4cm to 0,9cm (you can see the red line). But the base size is good so far.
P1190047 (2).JPG

Meanwhile I made the dent, using a heatgun and the end of the grip of a wood-file and an old screwdriver.
P1190045 (2).JPG
P1190046.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This is turning out great mate. I'm following this thread as I'm using a similar product for mine. You've given me a few ideas. You're doing and awesome job so far. Keep it up.

Sent from my PadFone

Also regarding the greeblie, I think its def a tad too tall. The new marked one looks about right. I'm very eager to see you do the back armor and collar. Its the part I've had troubles with so far...

Sent from my PadFone

Also regarding the greeblie, I think its def a tad too tall. The new marked one looks about right. I'm very eager to see you do the back armor and collar. Its the part I've had troubles with so far...

Sent from my PadFone

Yeah, that´s what I´m thinking, too. It´s very difficult. I couldn´t find good references for the size of the greeblie. Also it has to fit in size to the other parts/proportions. The back armour was always a little bit difficult to do. I´ll have to wait till my vest arrives, then we´ll see how it works. :)

The latest news:
I was lucky to purchase a set of ESB gauntlets from boba trooper, which will be made by him and for the jet pack (I´m planning to built myself) an aluminium set of beacon and stabilizer from eco.

Now back to the cod plate...
I don´t know, if anyone noticed that the frontplate of the cod was too short. I fixed that problem by cutting two 3mm sintra parts (the white parts), glued them together and then glued them onto the cod piece.
P1220051.JPG
P1220050.JPG
To fill the little, but deep gaps, I used express wood-glue, which drys within 5minutes.
P1220049.JPG

That cod looks great! I set out to do the same piece three years ago or so and ended up chucking the thing in the garbage. It was too much for me at the time!

That cod looks great! I set out to do the same piece three years ago or so and ended up chucking the thing in the garbage. It was too much for me at the time!

Thanks a lot BobaFiend! Sometimes it isn´t easy... but it should be fun building the costume/props... if it starts becoming irritating... take a step back and have a break.:)

Some progress on the cod piece greeblie.
Cut it to the red marked line (it was too high).
P1190045 (3).JPG
P1190046 (2).JPG

A little bit sanding.
P1220049 (2).JPG

Next step will be getting the details in shape.
P1220050 (2).JPG

Today I decided to do a little more work on the knees.

I cut out the lower kneecaps #2 + #3 from wizardofflight´s templates each 2 times out of 3mm sintra.
P1230049.JPG

Using a heatgun to curve them. Here I decided only to use kneecap No.3. Then glued the two pieces to the knee armour.
P1230050.JPG

To strenghten it on the inside I´m using hotglue.
P1230051.JPG

Guess what comes next... ;) You are right! Sanding-time again.:wacko
P1230053.JPG

Small update:
10minutes ago I recieved a small package from eco...
P1240051.JPG

This set is great! The next step towards the jet pack is made.

Even Inga (our small norwegian forest-cat) likes them!:D
P1240049.jpg

Finished the cod piece greeblie today. I will not only glue it to to the cod piece, also I will secure it with 4 small screws.
P1250060.JPG

I marked the areas where I´ll drill the holes for the screws, before using superglue to fix the greeblie.
P1250062.JPG

Now I can glue the greeblie to the cod piece, using tape to find the best position.
P1250072.JPG
P1250073.jpg

Carefully driving the screws.
P1250074.jpg

It´s time for some primer to find imperfections and some more filler is needed.
P1250078.JPG

Glued the left plate to the right knee armour and filled the gaps with instant filler.
P1240055.JPGP1240056.JPG

The dent is done with a heatgun and the grip of a wood-file. Marked the area for a little detail.:)
P1250075.JPGP1250076.JPG

After a little bit of primer a side by side shot of the left left and right knee armour.
P1250080.JPG

As usual a lot more filling and sanding is required... :D

This is turning out great mate. I'm starting work on my knees atm also.. so you've given me some inspiration. :)

Have you got any pictures of ur back armor and collar at all?

Once again. Great stuff man.

Sent from my PadFone

Looking good !! keep it up
Thanks a lot! I´ll try to. :)

- - - Updated - - -

This is turning out great mate. I'm starting work on my knees atm also.. so you've given me some inspiration. :)

Have you got any pictures of ur back armor and collar at all?

Once again. Great stuff man.

Sent from my PadFone

Thank you, mate!
I haven´t started the upper armour yet, I´m still waiting for my flak vest which should arrive in the next days (I hope so). So the proportions should be correct.;)

A small mistake... :facepalm

While trying to find the correct shape and size of the combined code piece and back belt, the back belt broke (I´m surely too strong:lol:).
P1260055 (2).JPGP1260056 (2).JPGP1270060.JPG

But no need to worry... I´ll do a new one.:) Always be sure to have enough material! :D

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back