General Mid-Budget ESB built

Marked the areas where to cut the slots for the jetpack straps.
P4300078.JPG

Then drilled 2 holes to each side of the red marks, and then cut the slots with a knife.
P4300081.JPGP4300082.JPG

With an old piece of wood and a heatgun I get the slot areas into shape.
P4300083.JPG

Here a test with the jetpack straps.
P4300084.JPGP4300085.JPG

Another test.... this time including the vest, to see if the slots in the back plate and the vest are working together.;)
P4300075.JPGP4300076.JPGP4300077.JPGP4300078.JPG

Here you can see the red marks where I´ll cut the edges of the back plate meeting the collar.
P4300079.JPG

Took a little break... had some health problems, but everything will be fine.

Waiting for the boots with toe spikes from Landher and started to order the first bunch of humbrol colours. Still have to calculate how much of each colour I´ll need. I think better more, than less. :D

Looking great. Sorry to hear about your health problems. Hopefully nothing serious. Backplate looks good but you might want to curve it a little bit. It looks pretty flat in those pics. Anyway, keep it up.

Looking great. Sorry to hear about your health problems. Hopefully nothing serious. Backplate looks good but you might want to curve it a little bit. It looks pretty flat in those pics. Anyway, keep it up.

Thanks mate! I´ll try to curve it a little more on sunday. Then I´ll work on the connection between the back and collar armor.

Some small updates:

1. My boots arrived today. Thanks for the great work, Aaron! They are perfect!
P5200089.JPG

2. I cut out the slots on the left chest plate for the lights/electronic.
P5180075.JPGP5180080.JPG

No need to worries, I´m still working on my ESB boba Fett. My health isn´t that good at the moment. After a coloscopy they found a benign tumor. Tomorrow I´ll have another surgery. Hope to post some progress in the next days.:)

Next step was drilling the holes for the screws of the shoulder studs and connecting the collar with the back plate.
P6110104.JPGP6110106.JPGP6110107.JPGP6110103.JPG
You can see that the screws seem to be a little bit too long. But I´ll also drill holes through the vest, so the armor will be attached to vest in the shoulder areas. As I mentioned before, the velcro on the shoulders will be shortened.:D

I've just started my first ROTJ scratch build. I can only hope mine turns out half as awesome as this. I really like the idea of doubling the Sintra. Seems like a lot of extra work, but the results are really impressive. I might do the same when I get that far in my build.

I've just started my first ROTJ scratch build. I can only hope mine turns out half as awesome as this. I really like the idea of doubling the Sintra. Seems like a lot of extra work, but the results are really impressive. I might do the same when I get that far in my build.

Thank you very much, mcfarlj3! Good luck with your build. Doubling the sintra is extra work and sometimes a little bit tricky, but it looks great and is solid.

Weathering time: gave the boots and one of the side pouches a try...

On the left the clean version. I used a mixture of yellow and brown acryl and a lot of water. Also black acryl and water for a "dirty-wash", brushing the colour onto the surface. I repeat it till it gets darker and darker. I also used black shoe cream to darken the middle front part of the boots.

P6250107 (2).JPG
P6250109 (2).JPG

Here both boots weathered:
P6290119.JPG
P6290121.JPG

The side pouches:
Both still clean.
P6290111.JPG

I used the same colour mixture.
P6290113.JPG

Side-by-side comparision: left clean, right dirty.
P6290115.JPG

So, this was the first step. I thing I´ll do it much more "heavy-weathered", in little steps. Even thinking about using rattle can spray. Trying to find some black primer in my local store. I read about this in one of the older threads and think this is a great idea, because it seems to be not so "dark" like using pure black spray.

A little more weathering on the side pouches and ankle ties. This time with some brown acryl brushed on and some mist of black rattle can spray.
P7020123.JPG

Found some time to test an Humbrol enamel paint, in this case No. 11, on my armor. I used the Humbrol thinner in relation 4:1 (4ml paint : 1ml thinner) and brushed it on. Now it has to dry 12 hours.
P7130108.JPGP7130109.JPGP7130110.JPGP7130111.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
All these little pieces... coming together, step by step... :D

Here you can see my work on the greeblie/launcher for the right gauntlet.

The base is an old plastic pen.
P7160118.JPG

Used a small saw to shorten the pen.
P7160119.JPG

Then used a heat gun to form it into an oval shape.
P7160122.JPG

Filling the hole.
P7160123.JPG

After it dryed, I sprayed grey primer to see the imperfections and sanded the surface until it´s smooth. Now I could drill a hole.
P7200131.JPG

With a small file I created the lines and started to cut and sand it into shape.
P7200135.JPG

Black paint time! ;)
P7200137.JPG

Now, I can use gel superglue to secure it on the gauntlet.
P7200140.JPG

Here the result:
P7200143.JPGP7200145.JPG

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back