General Mid-Budget ESB built

Hello TDH fellows, greetings from germany. :)

I´m a member since 2005, have done 2 ROTJ Boba Fett costumes, but this is the first time to post some WIP pictures.
Now I´m doing the ESB version, which I love the most of all versions.:D

I haven't built any SW costumes yet, but would very much like to build an ESB Fett, and I'm really enjoying your build notes!

When you say "Mid-Budget", what rough $ range is that? I want to have an idea of what I'm getting into first! :)

I haven't built any SW costumes yet, but would very much like to build an ESB Fett, and I'm really enjoying your build notes!

When you say "Mid-Budget", what rough $ range is that? I want to have an idea of what I'm getting into first! :)

The idea when I titled that thread was I´d like to built as much parts as possible by myself. So, till know I spent round about 1400,-$, and still need the helmet, jetpack, and the belt with pouches (boots with toe spikes are on their way), what I think will be another 600,-$ to 900,-$. Maybe that sounds like a lot of money, but you´ll have to keep in mind, I´m collecting and building the parts since a year and a half. A bounty hunter needs to have patience!
:)

Are you going to use velcro permanently for the armor connections?

The sintra looks great. Also, how easy was it for you to work the material? I have an order of the stuff coming in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you going to use velcro permanently for the armor connections?

The sintra looks great. Also, how easy was it for you to work the material? I have an order of the stuff coming in.

I´ll be using a combination of velcro and rare earth magnets. The velcro for the middle of the armor, and the magnets for the edges, so the armor will stay plane with the vest.

Sintra is really easy to work with, but you should try out the forming with a heat gun on some left over parts, cause it can get really hot and then bend more or even bend too much.;)

I'm kind of for Velcro, myself... But, there's the laziness factor: Jnless you put small markers on the vest to line it up the same way every time, you'll be eye balling for 20 minutes... (Screw and grommets?) IdK. I'd like to see how your magnet/Velcro works, for sure! This is looking really sweet.

What a great build! I've already purchased my armor but I have the patterns to do a PVC pipe build. I feel it's good to have a backup plan. ;)

I'm kind of for Velcro, myself... But, there's the laziness factor: Jnless you put small markers on the vest to line it up the same way every time, you'll be eye balling for 20 minutes... (Screw and grommets?) IdK. I'd like to see how your magnet/Velcro works, for sure! This is looking really sweet.

Thanks, mate! We will see, how it works.:)

- - - Updated - - -

What a great build! I've already purchased my armor but I have the patterns to do a PVC pipe build. I feel it's good to have a backup plan. ;)

Thank you very much! It´s always good to have a plan B.:D

I did a vest-test-fit today....
P4120084.JPGP4120089.JPG
...and as you can see... the armor is TOO BIG. :eek:

Soooooooooooooo... let´s get back to the start and re-size the armor.:lol:

P4120084.JPG

P4120089.JPG

I did a vest-test-fit today....
View attachment 75934View attachment 75935
...and as you can see... the armor is TOO BIG. :eek:

Soooooooooooooo... let´s get back to the start and re-size the armor.:lol:

The armor does not look that big on you. The only part that's too big is the abdominal plate. If you fix it, you will see that the whole setup will change in good. You must also count the fact that you are not fully suited and the T-shirt (and the bare arms) also make your armor big.

Armor.jpg

Armor.jpg

The armor does not look that big on you. The only part that's too big is the abdominal plate. If you fix it, you will see that the whole setup will change in good. You must also count the fact that you are not fully suited and the T-shirt (and the bare arms) also make your armor big.

View attachment 75936

Thanks, mate! That´s fantastic!(y) Tomorrow, I´ll re-work the abdominal plate, and post some new pics.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back