Always awesome to see a WIP in such detail. Well done
You are welcome!
...and some more...
I made a little video, but the crappy camera microphone didnīt pick up the sound very well. In nature, the sound is really, really loud.
Last but not least, I could finally mount my leather-sling, made by "99centTaco" back in 2013. Itīs not screen-accurate, but it will work.
Last edited by Notlewis; Jul 2, 2016 at 3:39 AM.
Some good and some bad news....
The bad news... The zipper of my vest is broken. Iīll have to fix it, but will have to do it myself, because of all the very strong magnets glued inside. New zipper is already bought, so maybe this weekend Iīll start to change it.
The good news. I made an display-stand for my "ESB EE-3 Blaster-Rifle" made by Sidewinder.
Hereīs a little video:
That Display is awesome!! Great Detail and work. Any Updates on your boba?
At the moment I am working on a "Director Orson Krennic" costume for the "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" premiere in december.
Some work-inprogress you can see here:
Rogue One: Director Orson Krennic pistol / blaster
Last edited by Notlewis; Aug 8, 2016 at 3:30 AM.
I`m still here! Iīll post some upgrades within the next weeks. So stay tuned!
Hi there! Never ending story... But hey, you all now that for sure: upgrades never end.
I re-worked my Sidewinder ESB EE-3. Everytime I hold it in my hands, the little screw (red arrow), which keeps the front- and back-part together, gets loose and the two parts start to get apart.
So I thought of a magnet system, because I still have to be able to get the two parts apart to change the batteries sitting inside the barrel for the light and sound effects.
I drilled a hole on the inside of the barrel to mount a screw as a base for a metal ring. The srew is secured by gel superglue.
The metal ring is now glued on the screw and on the ring I glued a N52 rare earth magnet.
Now I could drill a small hole for the screw which, combined with some gel superglue, secures the N40 rare earth magnet on the inside of the back part of the rifle.
Finally the parts are now held together a little more safer.
Beautiful build and thanks for some really good ideas!!
The time has come to install "Salamanderkingīs" fantastic RC servo for the rangefinder.
Starting with the stalk. Itīs an aluminium RF stalk purchased from "Bobamaker".
First a little bit of sanding, then I used gel superglue to glue the control horn to the stalk.
After the glue has dried, I could cut away the leftover plastic parts.
Now itīs time to install the rc unit into my right gauntlet.
First I had to remove the installed (non-functional) switch.
After that I made a box of the former car-key-housing to secure the electronics.
Installed the activator-switch and secured the cable on the inside.
I took a little video of the first test, before starting to mount the servo inside the helmet:
More to come, so stay tuned!
awesome work my friend. very nice. good luck
Step by step Iīm installing the servo into my helmet...
First I had to make the hole in the right ear a little bit bigger to fit the base of the servo horn AND the servo.
Now the servo horn base fits...
...also does the servo.
Next will be mounting the servo and the rest of "Salamanderkingīs" electronics to the inside of the helmet.
I glued the first two screws, which will hold the servo in place, on the inside of my helmet using gel superglue.
To be continued...
Last edited by Notlewis; 2 Weeks Ago at 4:39 AM.
Did a test-run of "Salamanderkingīs" rc rangefinder servo installed into my helmet. More to come soon...
Hereīs a little video:
That's some thorough work. Keep up the great work!
I have to re-work the helmet interior to fit in the electronics... "Salamanderkingīs" RC RF servo unit, two radial-fans.... AND my head.
I mounted the servo-electronics first. The cables, batteries and battery-holder are just mounted for the moment. Next will be to fit in the radial-fans plus batteries and switch.
- - - Updated - - -