Drilled the hole for the pulce 40 sidearm barrel into the end of the nemrod holster copy. The holster is made of thick layers of fibreglas, so I used a dremel to be much faster than sanding by hand.
First I used the end-part of the barrel to mark the circumreference of the hole.
After that I used the dremel to drill some small holes to start with until a cut the complete part.
Now I could start to sand the edges and make the hole a little bigger than the end-part of the barrel.
Here you can see the result. In the end, itīs a little bit more oval than round, so I can pull the gun better.
Into the front part of the barrel, I drilled a small hole, to create the illusion that itīs hollow.
To hide the gaps, Iīll use two plastic washer, which Iīll glue into the front part. They got the exact outer circumference.
Before glueing, I sand the inner hole a little bit, so it gets a little bit wider.
Now the two washers a glued into position and some primer can be sprayed onto the front.
So... painting time!
For the barrel I use chrome. The sidearm will get a brown acrylic paint and rubīnībuff wax "silver leaf".
For the rubīnībuff wax I need: gloves and an old rag. Just some minor drips and then rub it smooth on in circles.
Now the brown acrylic paint: I need 2 brushes (a small and a bigger one), water (just to clean the brushes) and a kitchen towel.
Thatīs all for today. Next will be put on 2 more layers of the brown acrylic, then weathering... So stay tuned!
Some more painting and started the first subtile weathering...
Black acrylic paint to fill the 3 recesses instead of cutting them out. Iīm afraid the barrel would just break.
Weathering time! Just a few minor coats of black acrylic paint with some water and sweaping away with a kitchen paper.
More to come...
Last edited by Notlewis; 7 Hours Ago at 4:11 AM.
Helmet came out great! Your build is coming along nicely!
Can you tell me where you got your magnets from?
I've been using pop studs, but to be blunt, they're crap.
The fitting you have here looks awesome.
Started the rework of my helmet.
First of all, I had to glue the visor back to the helmet. I think during the transport and not enough glue, it got loose.
Next was to re-do the main dent. It should be silver... Therefore I used "Chrome Effect". I sprayed some minor paint into a plastic cup and put the chrome on with a small brush. After it has dryed, Iīll weather it.
Then corrected the symbol on the left ear. Fist I scratched away the misshaped symbol with an exacto knife. Then I used a template which I printed out, put some tape on (to prevent it from getting wet in rain as example), cut it out with an exacto knife and just glued it on the helmet.
Now to the right ear... Itīs the same problem like on the left ear. The symbol is not correct. Once again I scratched away the symbol with an exacto knife, but this time I painted the symbol on, using a 1mm waterproofed black pen.
The right ear piece needed some more scratches. This was done with an exacto knife.
The kill stripes in the back area, in my opinion look a little bit too red/orange. I like them more yellow... so just did some minor yellow acryl painting in some areas.
The last for today... I sanded the base of the MQ-1 chip into shape, to make it a little bit thinner.
Ordered a Deluxe ESB Rangefinder with aluminium stalk from Bobamaker and wonīt rework the 3D printed one with the red LEDs just glued on top...
- - - Updated - - -
Last edited by Notlewis; 7 Hours Ago at 4:24 AM.
Excellent work dude...... :-)
I agree. Great job.
Really excellent helmet you have there
Sunday update: worked on the fibreglas holster. Time for some strapping...
I used a heavy duty rubber band (is used for bikes), two N52 rare earth magnets (with holes for screws), a washer and a knob from an old jacket for the fron part. For the back two chicago screws and two washer.
I was so nervous drilling the holes and being afraid of breaking the fibreglas... I cut the rubber strap too long... So Iīll fix that, after doing some padding with softfoam, to keep the sidearm scratching on the minor rough inside of the holster.
Continued the strapping system of the holster and made some padding with black and anthrazit craft rubber.
The rubber strap is shorter now. I thing it looks much better.
Now all I need is to find the accurate material for the belt loop (I used some old adjustable webbed belt) and fix the scratches I did when drilling the holes...
So... stay tuned...
This is a great thread. One for many new people to look at and see an excellent approach to building.