Thoughts: Screen Accurate ESB Cape / Cloak

JimmyC

Active Hunter
There has been some talk over the years and I know I have mentioned it in other threads I just wanted to open a new one here to talk about this specifically... I figured it was a good time to open this and get thoughts from others!:)

Could the ESB Cloak possibly be a Vintage Wool Blanket "found item" possibly Red Cross or military from around The Korean war and Vietnam era?

I find this very intriguing since i'm one of the screen accurate (find as many found items as possible) nuts... Personally, my Fett is strictly a display piece.

There are some that have found some pretty good looking wool cloaks in the past...

109075L_zpscdd45dcf.jpg

ESBcape_zpsf1935899.jpg

-Jimmy

Finally hit my #200 post!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats does look pretty close to me...but i wouldnt know where to start to try and confirm it. None the less, still a nice find. Hopefully others more in the know than i will chime in!

that wool blanket has a good look to it for sure. I've done a lot of searching and research on the Swiss Army wool blanket with the stripe and I haven't found any with the crisp print on the stripe they're always very fuzzy. This could be the luck of the draw and the one they used was super crisp though. Also the Swiss blanket has a diagonal patteren weave not apparent in most pics it also has lots of black and white specks throughout.

I am not so certain that it is a Swiss army blanket, but I think that it may be a military blanket of some sort. JimmyC's post made me curious so I started searching online and came across a site where people collect old military blankets. There was a photo on there that had a blanket (or some kind of bedding) that looked pretty close. It may not be what was used in the film, but knowing that military-based found parts were used (ie, ROTJ cape) suggests that it may be a possibility. Here's the link: Question on wool Army blankets. - FIELD & PERSONAL GEAR - U.S. Militaria Forum Scroll down to see the piece in question (post #5).

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back