Boots!!!

oh man that is a steal for those boots...........you did great getting them.

I would double your money right now if you wanted to.

Guess they didn't have anymore? They have become a rare item these days.... Did receive the ones I got from eBay and they are what they say they are. Good luck for me on the boots, not so much with my helmet. Had been looking for the boots since September.

Last edited by a moderator:
huh? how has it been hard there are several reputable vendors on here for helmets i find it hard to believe but good you found some boots

Not hard to find the helmet....just had mine fall to the ground and get a 2.5 spiderweb series of cracks in the coldcast layer. The boots have been very hard to source. Will say the bed stu are prolly nicer than the buffalino, at least taller anyway. Didn't come out so well verbally....., just referring to my luck.

awww that does suck almost makes a grown man cry wish you luck with your next bucket i got lucky on the boots got some KC pit crew knock offs made in mexico from a garrison member closest to accurate

Nearly broke my heart!
Cruzer is going to try and salvage the lid....

Only thing at that point is to fill the cracks, a few layers of primer and use the paint. While the colds cast is meant to not have to use silver paint, once you mess up a section on it, you've essentially ruined the entire thing

Not so sure. If you grind out the cracks then clean, mix a small batch of CC resin and full. Tape thick smooth plastic over it to keep it in place until cured. Then blend into area. Fiberglass products tend to adhere to themselves pretty well in repairs. Will be some color variation but it's just so crazy it might work.
Worst case is to grind, clean, fill with epoxy, then smooth/blend and prime locally. Then hit area with some RubNBuff to blend back in, then add a little helpful "weathering" at that area....worth a shot anyway and sounds good on paper.

- - - Updated - - -

Back to boots. If anyone else has suggestions or finds some that they can't use, quite a few folks here would love to pick them up.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could use water this cyanoacrylate adhesive that will use capillary action to fill the crack. Sprinkle on some nickel dust & then hit with an accelerator & once it is sanded back down level, the crack should be filled & discreet if not invisible. You could always use a little rub n buff in that area as well to blend in. I wouldn't scrap the helmet, the damage is pretty minor. I think grinding out the crack bigger is just going to leave you with a more visible scar.

It's currently en route to Cruz, to use whatever method or force he deems necessary :)
Definitely not going to scrap the helmet, but was extremely close that first night I discovered it. Thanks for the suggestions.

On a previous commission with a FettPride ILM CC, a portion on the back was sanded down to the resin layer, which essentially eliminated the cold cast layer. I tried rub and buff however, R&B is significantly lighter in color than the cold cast. It didn't look too good IMO. Maybe you can blend it in with weathering but IDK

hi guys, still had no joy on this one :( is it possible someone could list the makes/models that can be used as an alternative please? cheers

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back