MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition

hmm, I would love to find out the real material... however, my money is on a found part... I think the ESB cape was a Korea war era wool blanket.
109075L_zpscdd45dcf.jpg

The stripe may have been screen printed on, but lots of those blankets had different color stripes (specially red) and if it sat in the sun for too long or something it would have gone an orange color.

Just my two cents.

That's interesting. *Removed Swiss army blanket link* (Thanks Woodman)

I started looking further and found this:
post-137-1170271621.jpg

Check out the one on the top right. Apparently it is a US military blanket. The colors seem to be similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I have mentioned it before, and I bet I'm not the only one. I think its entirely possible, I mean ROTJ ended up being a Vietnam era half shelter. I think anymore talk about the wool cloak we should probably post in a separate thread.

I really like the idea of the screen printing and all of MoW's stuff is top notch.. perfect for trooping! :)

JimmyC and Bcurtis..great finds!

I've been looking at the wool blend fabrics as well. I think the wrinkle patterns match up as a very good possibility. I've ordered several lengths of both the heavier grade linen and a thin wool blend fabric. If it ends up being the wool blend its not gonna be cheap to make especially screen printed. :p

As for the next boot run I know it's been too long? I'm having difficulties with my manufacturer. They want double everything now! :angry It's an enormous investment on top of my other gear.

I'm working these issues out as we speak and hope to have new boots in the New Year but nothing before then guys.

Keep you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys,

I'm in agreement with JimmyC.

I just received a good length of thin wool fabric which looks to be an excellent match for the ESB cloak. The weave looks tight enough to take a screen print without it looking fuzzy around the edges. I'm hopeful we can find the right color and get a razor sharp screen print. I'll have a new sample cloak to show you soon. Keep you posted.

Christian

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back