ASOK CC GMH paint up in ESB (attempt number one) :)

Ok, update: I have sanded the back panels to primer, and re sprayed them silver. Today I will use a pencil, and trace out the silver. If I have time I will mask it and spray the floquil concrete. I must say, I really like how the floquil sprays, and it is easier to work with than the humbrols. That being said, the humbrols are awesome, and I prefer them over the testers paints. It took me some time messing with my airbrush to get results I am proud of. The manual said to spray at 35psi. Let me tell you something. That is rediculous! I ended up with the paint slightly drying in mid air and leaving a "powdery" look I had to brush off. It also wasted a ton of paint (which is not cheap to order and ship by ground freight, plus the wait is lame!). I bumped it down to about 23-25psi. Much better flow, and my paint tends to last longer :)

Thanks guys! I am once again free handing the stencil for the bright silver. Once again, I will leave a ton of silver on the right side and then attempt to layer the several grays on top. I am not going to lie, the right back panel makes me go crosseyed trying to free draw all the little areas with accuracy. It's the only part I want to do topically, but I really dislike how topical paint looks (at least when I do it :)

-Kevin

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386525911.063171.jpg

-Kevin

Alright gents. Since December I have flown home for two weeks, flown to Hawaii for two weeks, and flown to Seattle for two weeks. In between going to Hawaii and Seattle I moved from one house to another. I don't have a good place to work on any of my suit/helmet right now, but I am settled in and working on it. I may end up renting a small storage unit to work out of. Hopefully I will be getting some serious work done here in the next few weeks.

-Kevin

I have posted on needing to commission my armor. I also need to send my helmet off to be finished :(. My military lifestyle will not let me finish in a timely manner. That being said, I wish to commission my helmet. Jayvee has always been my favorite and I have loved humbrol paints. I have been gone for awhile, and I am in no real rush. I want it done right, by someone I respect. Money is negotiable. I would love incorporating a GOW rangefinder, but I am also unaware of activity here in the last 8 months. I am back! but expect no updates on my suit or helmet (as I have no place to work). Any advice/references would be helpful!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back