Show Off Your Bucket Inside!

bigkidbiggertoys

Well-Known Hunter
This thread is just to show off how you have finished the inside of your bucket. I have a simple bolted in visor, an aluminum support glued in the visor area for extra stiffness & support, a push button mini computer fan for some air movement, & a hardhat liner which is removable for servicing the inside of the helmet.

I just want to see how other people have tackled the same problems. The biggest mistake I made during this helmet construction was painting first. The next one I do I will finish all of the construction then strip it down & paint it. iphone 2 032.JPGiphone 2 033.JPGiphone 2 034.JPGiphone 2 035.JPGiphone 2 036.JPGiphone 2 037.JPG

Edit***realized this was for Jango Fett.... :)

Wah wah

Never saw that skirt before on a Boba lid. That must get pretty hot in there!

I think the inside of a Boba lid would be fine. This is really to see how other people have set up their rigs. And yes, the helmet gasket does keep in the heat, so a fan is mandatory.

Every time I needed to work on it I was scuffing or damaging the paint somehow. I had to do touch-ups in a couple of areas & the weathering hid the rest. It took me twice as long as it should have.

Where do yall get the fans? And any recommendations for a preferred visor? I need one for a Jango and one for a Boba lid.....

Every time I needed to work on it I was scuffing or damaging the paint somehow. I had to do touch-ups in a couple of areas & the weathering hid the rest. It took me twice as long as it should have.

This is partially why when I do need to do extensive work on the interior after painting, I'll generally rest the helmet on a few towels or even a couple pillows to avoid this issue. Are you clear coating the paints at all?

I got my fan off ebay & found the smallest one. I make my own visors out of smoked acrylic & heat & bend myself. I am going to try the welding visor next time though if I can find them in my area for a reasonable price.
As far as the paint, I didn't clear coat anything but that wouldn't have helped. I did have the helmet resting on towels but the next time I will definitely do ALL of the construction work first, then paint. I was just too eager on this one & wanted to see some progression so I painted first. It all worked out in the end but took more time than it should have.

I got my fan off ebay & found the smallest one. I make my own visors out of smoked acrylic & heat & bend myself. I am going to try the welding visor next time though if I can find them in my area for a reasonable price.
As far as the paint, I didn't clear coat anything but that wouldn't have helped. I did have the helmet resting on towels but the next time I will definitely do ALL of the construction work first, then paint. I was just too eager on this one & wanted to see some progression so I painted first. It all worked out in the end but took more time than it should have.

I ordered this not too long ago for a recent Dredd helmet commission. It's not that thick, so it's not accurate in that sense, but it was pretty easy to cut.

http://www.amazon.com/Hobart-770580...&qid=1384831622&sr=8-1&keywords=welding+visor

I had a similar instance working on a previous Jango commission, where I realized I should have started fitting the visor prior to paint (I've never done the bolt/nut method, only high-heat hot glue). I remember I was forming the visor via the boiling water and the use of a heat gun for direct corrections. I had the helmet laying on a towel, face down for the fitting. I didn't realize that the heat coming off the visor was affecting the outside, and, although it was fine, the towel was starting to stick to the painted surface.

I've learned a lot since then...

I'm about to begin my first bucket and really like your pics. I have also thought about using some strapping from a hard hat or something for comfort and placement. The fans is cool too. I helped a friend with one for a Fallout New Vegas Ranger setup. Apparently you should never do a parade without one, heh. Thanks for the thread!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back