DanzoFett FPH 2 ESB by Deadland

deadland

Well-Known Hunter
Hey everyone with all the traveling I have been doing for work lately I have not had the chance to do a good WIP thread. With that I will work on doing them for this thread and the other thread that I recently started.
What do we have here? Yep that is right an FPH2 so folks they are shipping!!! This is a great lid and I would have to say it is my new favorite out of all the ones that I have painted. I really loved the Premium MR that FP did but this lid blows it out of the water. It has all the tell tell signs of an ESB lid the damage the wavy brow dam I love this lid. The new ear setup that Chris has done with these lids is great too and makes it so much easier to mount!! I also love the fact that the MQ-1 board is molded right in and the hollow stalk and range finder is killer as well. So As always I will be doing a fully layered ESB paint up on this.

So far I have been able to prime the lid out and get the gray blue paint on the back panels mask that out and have sprayed the whole lid silver. My next step will be to mask out that damage and then spray the entire lid in the dark gray. I will now more than likely have to start looking at colors for this as I am about out of SP Lark Dark Gray and it is one of those fabulous discontinued colors by Testors!!!! Once I get the gray laid down I will be moving on to the concrete color on the back.

On to the current pics. Which I will update with more when I get home tonight.

IMG_0637.JPGIMG_0638.JPGIMG_0639.JPGIMG_0640.JPGIMG_0641.JPGIMG_0642.JPGIMG_0643.JPGIMG_0644.JPGIMG_0645.JPG

SA-WEET!!! Can't wait to watch this!

On a side note: Is it just me, or does anyone else find 'messing up' a pristine helmet kind of like making that first dig into a freshly opened jar of peanut butter? You know it has to be done, but for some reason, you just don't want to do it! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright got a little bit more done on this by getting the concrete layer put down. I will working to get the concrete damage masked out and I should have the final green on the panels tomorrow night. So here it is with the concrete on the back panels.

IMG_0791.JPGIMG_0793.JPGIMG_0794.JPG

This is going to be awesome man...im going to follow this thread closely. I myself will be doing one for myself, and am dying to see one completed as ESB. Will you be doing the "SE/tour suit version or the true hero with less damage than it has now? I want to do mine straight up ESB Hero. From comparison pics ive seen of the FPH2 and the true hero helmet(screen shots) i think this is the ultimate ESB bucket, cant wait to see you do your magic!

Grinch,
Deadland was describing the damage/scuffs that happened to the helmet post-filming.
Here's a picture of how the helmet looked on screen compared to an exhibit years later.

AoSWscreencompare_zps5f0d8ceb.jpg

There are a lot of chips and marks all over the helmet that weren't present during
the making of ESB.

Is it my display, or are the two triangles, above the t-visor, painted silver/grey on the left helmet versus unpainted on the right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well first I want to thank Darren for being patient with me during this paint up!!!! Needless to say she is all wrapped up and here is the finished product. Darren I look forward to seeing some great troop pics with this lid!!!

IMG_0887.JPGIMG_0889.JPGIMG_0890.JPGIMG_0891.JPGIMG_0892.JPGIMG_0893.JPGIMG_0895.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back