General New Boba starting around ROTJ WIP

Boba79

Jr Hunter
Hello there,

I am new at this Forum and I am about to start my own Boba Fett ROTJ Project. I am very impressed about this site and the craftsmenship of many of you here.

I started with the following items:

Flak jacket: MoW
Boots: MoW 2013
Spikes: Mojo
ROTJ Gauntlets: MoW 2013
Armor parts: Bobamaker (expected this November)

Yesterday I finished the right gauntlet. I atteched some pics, so please tell me what you think if you like :) This is my first attempt in painting gauntlets.

I also had an idea how to attach the hoses to the gauntlet. I used Stereo chinch connectors. I don´t know if anyone had this idea so far. I just wanted to share it with you. I have some pics attached.

Greetings from Germany,
Boba79

Right Gauntlet-1.JPG

Right Gauntlet-2.JPG

Right Gauntlet-3.JPG

Right Gauntlet Hose Connection 1.JPG

Right Gauntlet Hose Connection 2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!

Nice job on the paint, and I like that hose attachment as well :)

How are you locking(closing) the gauntlet together? Velcro?

Thanks for the welcome.

To lock the gauntlets I used a hinge at the inside part of the gaunts and I´m going to use valcro for the other part.

Tomorrow I´m going to finish the left gauntlet. I will post more pics then.

Hello there,

today I finished the left gauntlet.
Left Gauntlet-1.JPGLeft Gauntlet-2.JPGLeft Gauntlet-3.JPG

Today I also received a US Army shelter. Next thing I am going to do is the cape.

Left Gauntlet-1.JPG

Left Gauntlet-2.JPG

Left Gauntlet-3.JPG

Today I finished the cape. I cutted from the army shelter a square of 30 X 36 inch and did some weathering. Here it is:

Cape 1.JPGCape 2.JPGCape 3.JPG

Cape 1.JPG

Cape 2.JPG

Cape 3.JPG

Today I started working on the shin tools. I finished the vibro blade an the 4th tool. I used foam borard, two pens and an Aluminium tube in two different sizes plus a nut.

Here we go:
Shin Tool 2.JPG

Shin Tool 2.JPG

Looks sweet! I'm trying to decide the best way for me to begin a helmet. I look forward to your posts!

Thanks.
Yesterday I started on my MOW Boots. Basic painting is done, weathering needs to come. Here is the first pic. Colors seem a little bit bright due to the camra flash. I havn´t done a helmet so far.

Boba Boots 1.JPG

Boba Boots 1.JPG

After a short break i am going to paint my new Bobamaker V3 armor.

IMG_0514.JPGIMG_0515.JPG

First I started painting the shoulder bells. I did the painting by layering. I used an airbrush and several drybrushing technics.
Colours I used:
Humbrol Acrylic silver 11
Humbrol Acrylic yellow 154
Humbrol Acrylic yellow 154 mixed with White
Humbrol Acrylic black
Citadel Orange
IMG_0520.JPGIMG_0519.JPGIMG_0521.JPG

These are pics while they were pre weathered.
IMG_0517.JPGIMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

IMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0514.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0523.JPGIMG_0524.JPGIMG_0525.JPG
I finished the knee armor today. Weathering needs to come. The painting technique is the same I used with the shoulder bells. The yellow seems a little bit bright due to the camera flash. In natura it´s darker.

Hello,

today I finished the armor parts using Raf´s templates. I used humbrol silver 11 as base colour, green is humbrol 78 and yellow is humbrol 81. Weathering still needs to come :)

IMG_0536.JPGIMG_0537.JPGIMG_0538.JPGIMG_0540.JPG

I also finished weathering the knee armor.
IMG_0541.JPGIMG_0542.JPGIMG_0543.JPG

Please feel free to tell me what you think.

Thanks very much.
I use my airbrush and some drybrushing tehchniques. I am going to start with a very thin layer of humbrol green 78 mixed with humbrol green 117. After that I am going to myst humbrol black 33 also using my airbrush. Then I am going to start drybrushing the areas which are darker. The final step will be the highlighting of the edges of the armor.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back