Official Scratch Built Blasters Thread

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
:eek: Color me blushing. Thanks for all the great comments.

I really rushed it up to get it finished before D-Con, but I think it turned out pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won this in as part of an eBay auction from a TDH member:

unmodblaster.jpg

It was made out of a toy handgun and some PVC pipe and whatnot. Only the scope was real. It was a good start but it was a little front-heavy, so I decided to put a little more work into it (I spent about $12 in all) to get it ready for Halloween. It now looks like this:

finishedblaster.jpg

I'm not saying it's going to win any awards or anything. And I'm sure as heck not saying that it's screen accurate -- the greeblies and blaster blocks are made out of Lego after all. But I just posted it to show that you can achieve half decent results (if I say so myself) without having to spend a ton of money.

I'm still completely miffed at myself for selling the incredible blaster I made from a Spidey kit, but I'm hoping to hear back from someone about an MLC blaster. In the meantime this makes a half decent placeholder.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. :D

Cheers!
TJ

nice, but i have a question, and nobody seemed to be able to respond. What is the best way to connect the stock to the gun? What did you use? Besides going to a blacksmith and having him cut out a piece of metal that fits, I can't think of a durable cheap way to do it.. help me! :)

I...um...kind of used a clipboard. See, I was scrounging around the house for something rigid but that I could cut with a jigsaw. I found this old rigid plastic clipboard in the closet, traced the shape on and cut it.

Badly.

I wouldn't recommend this as the "best" way to do it, but at a cost of $0 is certainly fulfills the "cheap" portion of your mandate. ;)

Cheers!
TJ

Here is my scratch-built...

WhiteFettBlaster1.jpg

Another shot...

WhiteFettBlaster2.jpg

Let me know what you think. It is for the White Fett.

John

I know that part of this thread is REALLY old and I'm sorry if this was covered elsewhere. I searched but didn't find anything so, again, sorry if this is a repost. Does anyone have the templates for that sintra blaster? The links don't work. I found his website and tried emailing him but haven't had any response in several weeks.

Rick

Ok, here it is. A few things that I know need reworking, the scope mounts: made my own, they're WAY too large. Where can i get some MATE-N-LOKs? anyone got an exact catalog link? The other problem is the length of the PVC barrel, I'll need to chop a few inches off of that.

The handle/stock connection is secure, but it doesnt look too great. has anyone come up with a good, cheap way to replicate this?

as always, spare no criticism.

ESB-Rifle-002.jpg

ESB-Rifle-003.jpg

ESB-Rifle-004.jpg

ESB-Rifle-005.jpg

Big, Honkin, Webley! Man, that is big. I know a guy that plans to make an aluminum brace for use between the pistol grip and stock. What was your pistol base gun?

That blaster is great as-is after you shrink the scope mount. What is the chrome tube? Is it one of those chrome-plated plumber's P-trap extenders? How did you cut it and add holes???

LMK,

John

Thanks man.

The chrome tube is actually a flash-gun tube, the same model that was used on the film-prop. I got lucky on this one, I've got a buddy that owns a used camera store.

The pistol base was a marksman airguns .357 replica which I found to work out nicely. If your friend is making a brace, I am sure I can find a way to attatch one of his to the pistol grip on mine. With a dremel and some epoxy, the possibilities are endless!

shoot me a PM regarding your friend making the brace. ;)

Can someone provide me with some measurments off their Webley or kit? I need the actual barrel length (starting with the trigger guard). And seperately: the length of chrome barrel projection.

any info helps, thanks.

maybe this will help, save the pic and blow it up to see the measuring tape, if not then remember each square on the floor is 4 1/2 inches

mygun1.jpg

mygun2.jpg

Hi all.

Been working on this one since March thanks to the great info I found here at TDH.
It all scratch built from Plexiglass, ABS and wood.

FullView.jpg

Front.jpg

rear.jpg

rear2.jpg

The scope is a Webley with a BSA front bell attached to it, the Molex plugs from steveday (thanks bud!) and the killer stock greebs from Omega_man.
I need to darken the barrel and chamber some more and add the sling, but otherwise she's done.

I've got the V8 connector rods and fender washers all prepped up and ready to mount, but I'm really on the fence about adding them. About half the shots I've seen show it not having them, so I'm still debating.

You guys are the pros on this sucker, so all critiques and suggestions are welcome! :)

Thanks!
Chris

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back