Official ROTJ Blaster Thread

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
Hey, thanks guys. Now I have a place to start from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know the origin of these pieces or have any theories? Obviously they were not on the original Webley stock. Are they metal, plastic, or ???

Does anyone know the dimension of the circle on the plate so I can scale the diagram? Thanks!

Here are my ROTJ rifle stock plates. They are cast in resin and are painted with real metal dust in the paint. They look EXACTLY like rusted metal in person.

P3240002.JPG

:eek: Where, oh where did you get those, Chief? I... must... have... them. :love

I met this guy through an auction on ebay. He lives out in Oreon if I remember correctly. I found him by winning an ebay auction for resin knee darts that he made. When I bought his knee darts, I asked him if he had any more Fett parts. He told me about these stock plates. He does damned good work.

He also says he's working on a resin rifle. I'm not sure where he stands on that one.

Hey I work at Home Depot so as I walk around I always have my fett parts in mind.......I used a rubber piece that goes on the bottom or chair legs and I think it look pretty good.

Jay

Here is mine:

BFRTip001.jpg

Can't tell you how I made it (you'd laugh too hard), but I do have a mold of it. If you PM me I'll tell you more...! ;)

My solution to the tip dilemma was solved while drinking a Coke! I noticed that the bottle where it tapers up to the opening was the perfect shape. So after some cutting, gluing, and some epoxy work it looks pretty much dead on. Cheap solution and easy to find!

Does anybody know what that tip is to the barrel? :wacko

Thank you!!!!! I was wondering the same damned thing!

Well... on the ESB version, it's a part of a Graflex flash but the ROTJ version is driving me NUTS! I walked around Home Depot TWICE looking for something that would work. STILL NOTHING comes close!

One small correction. The barrel on the ESB is an MPP Microflash manufactured by Micro Precision Products of England.

My final solution for the gun tip was the clear plastic measuring cup covers from cough medicine! It may not be exact, but its damned close! I just drilled a hole in the bottom of it and glued it on.

Bob-A-Fett
BH-1171
NEG Webmaster
www.501neg.com

Hmmm, maybe if it was put on a large washer. I thought it was some type of cover to a shower handle. I don't know and it's driving me crazy.

I was in a surplus shop today and found these little nesting steel shot glasses. They look the same size and shape as the ROTJ blaster tip. I got a set of 4 for $10.00. I found a web sight that sells them. It also gives thier dimentions as 2 in wide by 1 and 1/2 in high. If you cut the bottom off and glued in a peice of steel, or aluninum tubing, to make it look like a heavier peice, I think it would be damn close to the real thing. If you look around you can probobly find them, like mine, without a logo.
What do you think Fett fans.

http://www.smithandwesson.com/cups.htm

HA! Those ARE damned close!!

I just chopped up a funnel from an auto parts store. I'm pretty sure that this is not what ILM used, but it worked for me and superglued right on. Cost: about one dollar.

Ah, For some reason I can't get metal out of my head. A plastic funnel would have been a lot cheaper. Next time I will try to think softer....he he, but I still like my metal parts...oooh ya, I like my metal parts. :evil
Cheers,
ST

Hey guys, I was in Hobby Lobby and saw a small wood flower pot. It works great for the nozzle. I had to sand down the rim to fit my barrel of 1 1/2" inside diameter. With a little epoxy to smooth it out and some paint I think it will work great and it was only $1.00. Here is a link.

http://catalog.craftsetc.com/viewProduct.cfm?item_id=380909

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back