Other Bounty Hunter Star Wars 1313 Boba ?

Cruzer

Well-Known Hunter
Hi. I'm not sure who or where I'd ask because I'm not very active with the 501st or "in the know" when it comes to what makes a character official. However, I was wondering if this version of Boba would be a potential candidate for 501st acceptance based on the few reference pics that have been released? Reason I ask is because my son (who is now 16 and probably 2-3" taller than me) showed some interest in possibly building and trooping in this suit. So any insight from those who know these things would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lorenzo

because 1313 got scrapped it'll be a real hard sell to get it approved by the 501st, though that's not to say it couldn't happen, last year the albino fett costume was accepted as a costume after much back and forth. the key is to build the best **** costume you possibly can, find as many references you can. i would even suggest that you take the costume build to theflagshipeclipse.com and let thomas spanos track your progress as well as thebhg.net to let their detachment leaders follow along. take the build to the mando mercs too, they'd probably like to see that.

there's one that i've seen, art posted it on the tdh facebook the other day. imho, it's pretty sexy:

601061_10151951759417356_1014026925_n.jpg

Yea, I remember thinking it was pretty cool when someone posted it on FB, but didn't give it a second thought until my son brought it up again.

Ken, hope you can jump through the hoops and get it approved for the rest of us. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Cruzer, unless the game gets made it cant happen....none of that art made it to the game....unless they use it and put boba in the Rebels TV show you wont have an approved 501st suit. With that said why do you need 501st approval to wear a costume you like? I have a Mythos statue version and I think its pretty BA myself...and it wont get approved.

Yes i love this version!...i agree with fett 4 real as you should do it cruzer?. I was listening to a SW podcast the other day and there was actually talk of 1313 happening...well see.

Dito, a costume based on conept-arts of a Scrapped title does not count as realiable "official source" so i doubt that its gonna be approvable for any official club. - BUT, why bother. You can still make it and win the Fandom/internet.

I dont think they will scrap SW1313 totaly - maybe overthink the concept, downsize it a bit or bring it further. Battlefront 3 was reborn by EA several years after the project got canceled by LucasArts.

It has the potential to be an awesome game, so I hope they revisit the idea. As for 501st approval, it's just one more attainable level of recognition. Regardless it's still a cool suit I think enhanced by the rugged "Western" feel to it that is also seen in the Mythos suit.

Looks like it'd make a good winter project. But I still can't tell what type of blasters would be best used from the pics. I also really like to see how the back looks. :)

This is the only one I've got. Not much going on. looks like a leather back plate like the shoulder and abdomen pieces. As for blasters and armor, I'd just go with what you like as the game was supposed to have you essentially gather together Fett's final load out that we see on screen, which is why each concept art of the suit has different elements. Very cool idea, and I hope it gets picked back up.
Back.png

Although not on the MMCC approval board, my opinion is that due to a lack of 3 proper sources it wouldn't be approved as "Canonical", but it certainly looks to have the required parts for a modern-era Mandalorian.

According to the Wookieepedia article about Canon sources:

"N is Non-Canon. What-if stories (such as stories published under the Infinities label) and anything else directly and irreconcilably contradicted by higher canon ends up here. N is the only level that is not considered canon by Lucasfilm. Information cut from canon, deleted scenes, or from canceled Star Wars works falls into this category as well, unless another canonical work references it and it is declared canon."

ref: Canon - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

Edit: By the way- my personal opinion is that this is the coolest Boba since ESB and I hope somebody does it!

Thanks for sharing that back pic, Ken, as it's helpful in showing the ammo belt's construction.

So correct me if I'm wrong in concluding the suit is using what looks like a faded ESB flight suit, two left ROTJ gauntlets, Boba style back, knee and shoulder armor, a Solo blaster/holster rig, and Boba ammo pouches along one side.

Now three things I'm unsure of are all of the various ammo belt pockets/accessories, the boot accessories, and whether or not the vest looks like it has a rectangular pattern to it. Has anyone seen any of those items on other costumes to clarify?

I saw it on FB as well and the first thing i said was i am building this. Not sure if it can/will ever be 501st approved, but honestly, thats not a concern of mine...i think its cool, and i wanna build it!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back