Official Shin Tool Thread

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
I guess I depends on the source which colors are most correct. I went with a cross between the MOM and VD versions and people seem to like them. All the tools beside the knife are supposed to look like metal, either aluminum or steel colored. The knife is kind of a cross between a copper and light Gold color.

alltools.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you that have made your Anti-Security blade from the tip of the Patterson Squeegee, what did you use for the black "blade" and the metal rods?

Here is a picture from Bracks post earlier in the thread:

Anti-Security_Blade_Prototype.jpg

No one has made an Anti-Security blade? I find that hard to believe. :)

Come on guys and girls, I know the shin tools are not as important as the bucket, but they still need to be built.

Thanks,
Gator

I'm going to whip out CAD and make some shin tools with full dimensions. I sure hope no one else did this, if so, don't say anything becuase I'm going to make them anyways.

Oh yes, PM me if you want the CAD drawing. Just print at 1:1, tape on to trash can, sintra, etc. Take a nice big Sharpy marker, trace thick so it can go through the paper and onto the base below it, let it dry and cut it out.

Nine inches really surprised me, I thought it would be less than that. Until I linked myself to a site up above that actually sold these saying that it was 9" long. I basically took a picture of the shin tool and pasted it in CAD, traced it, I modified it a little bit to the dimensions that it probably 95% is.

I'll get working on my shin tool, I'll post pics tomorrow or so after I cut it out.

My shin tools off of eBay

I bought these resin tools off of eBay, from ancientsculptures. A couple of the pieces weren't terribly movie accurate, but the "sonic beam weapon" looks cool anyway. Here are some pics of the tools after I painted them:

shintools0.jpg

shintools1a.jpg

shintools2a.jpg

That's the same set I have. What type of paint did you use? I can't get the paint I've tried to dry on the tools. I guess the resin is messed up?

I used Testors spray paints for the main stuff, flat Krylon for the black, acrylic for the weathering, and Testors silver brush paint for the scratches.

Mark make sure you give them a light sanding before painting and maybe a primer coat before the base silver, sometimes depending on what he used for resin paint has a hard time sticking, expecially silver and if the resin is shiney and smooth.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back